Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There aren't any burnout videos. We'll be interested when there are.

Posting for the guy above, who is obviously slacking in his burnout queries.

Is it soup yet?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol, no burnout vids yet, i was having some strange issues getting it to run properly, almost to the point where i was about to tear the front cover off to check the timing..... but then i found out it was lack of good 12V power to the distributor and carb choke causing all kinds of tuning hell. i fixed that issue by installing 3 relays, one for the fuel pump, one for the carb choke and one for the distributor running direct battery power via 4 gauge wire split to 4 8 gauge wires running through a fuse block, the engine fires right up now, barely half a crank! i worked on more wiring, got the wipers working. just need to finish the reverse lights and check the trans and diff fluid, i ordered 2/3 of the exhaust because my neighbors started getting mad about running it with just a downpipe, so that should quiet it down a bit. she's just about ready to smoke some old rotted rubber!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1278034

Name:	IMAG0229.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1278035

Name:	IMAG0233.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1278036

Name:	IMAG0238.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1278037

Name:	IMAG0243.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1278038

Name:	IMAG0254.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1278039

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool.

What starter are you using? If its one of the stock big ones, they need a whole lot more current to roll the motor over. Might be part of the voltage issue if its being extra stupid when cranking.

Also, those GM 1-wire alternators don't charge very well at idle. A 3g would do you much better in that department.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

since i have the gas tank removed are there any other over-the-axle exhaust choices besides the impala ss pipes?

Comment

the starter is a high torque mini starter, i will do the upgrade when this alternator takes a crap, i'd have to look into the 3g wiring since the alternator, starter, solenoid, are all custom wired

Comment

Only convenient drop-in pipes that I know of are either stock or the Impala parts.

Wiring is simple. You need an idiot light (a key-on hot works too, but running the key-on through the idiot light is nice) and a charge output wire. Essentially its a 2 wire alternator if you do it right.

Comment

hmm, i'll have to see what i wanna do with the rest of the exhaust, i'm going to get my multimeter out there when i run it next and see what the output is at idle

Comment

got a few more goodies in today, i'm going to try n get out there for a little bit and get the exhaust hung up there, maybe the shocks installed, its friggin hot out there though

luckily everything is slip together

Name:	IMAG0266.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1278050

Name:	IMAG0268.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1278051

Comment

ran out of daylight need to fab the hangars and tighten everything up should be seeing a driving vid soon!!!

Name:	exh1.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1278052

Name:	exh2.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1278053

Name:	exh3.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1278054

Name:	exh4.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1278055

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

ok, well, i gotta take the timing cover back off, i got the car all ready to go, registered, insured, checked the clutch cable, tightened everything down and tried to dial the timing in... no go, it would either idle too high from advancing too much or i could retard the timing and the idle would drop but it wouldn't rev, just spit and sputter. so i started digging, and digging, looking for a pic of when i installed the timing chains and the instructions for them.... low and behold i'm off 3 teeth on the crank sprocket, which would explain the erratic timing issues and like how some of you said it was trying to fire with the intake valves open, you guys were right, so thats my weekend project, get the timing cover off and re-set the timing

Name:	IMAG0295.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1278094

Name:	IMAG0297.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1278095

Name:	DSC_0090.jpg
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1278096

Comment

Sucks

Comment

mmmmmm, I wanna say the dot lines up with the crankshaft key. I won't absolutely swear to that, but if it did not line up I'd expect it to be 90 or 180 out, not some random interval. That looks right to me. I also suspect that if you were 3 teeth out, you'd be out a few valves as well. All else failing, get yourself a degree wheel and a dial indicator and confirmate with the cam card.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 08-04-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Well according to the diagram you are indeed out.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X