Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know they aren't the best as far as quality and what not, the shop did say we will go over the parts and correct any issues, they did make me aware of what we might need to do, we are going to give the heads a going over when they come in and the rockers might need to be cleaned up, its all good i'm not trying to make a 10 sec car..... but hey, unless you guys wanna help pay for it i gotta get this done on a tight budget

Nick

Comment

Glad to hear the heads will be gone through! Good luck!
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Cool project! What gears etc.? Cruiser, racer or?
        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

i'm going to go with a 4.10 most likely just to make it a little easier for the car to get up and moving with the t-5, its basically just gonna be a cruiser, it will be getting painted and done up nice along the way as well. i'm still waiting for the heads to come in, i didn't know this but apparently they are building mine to match the cam and rotating assembly.... thats what they are telling me anyway.... we shall see!

Nick

Comment

As a cruiser, you'll be much happier with a Holley 670 instead of the 770.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

got the heads in finally, they look good i'm going to get them bolted on today and start setting up the valvetrain

Heads

Guide plates, roller rockers, head studs dowl pins

head and valve cover, valve covers are polished aluminum finned, got them at a great price, 39.99 for the pair brand new

another shot

roller rocker

double springed, supposedly the owner of the speed shop i ordered from had the guy at pro comp set these heads up using the specs of the cam and rotating assembly so the springs should match the setup i have

Comment

more pics of the assembly its getting there, the valvetrain is going to take a little while to get set up as i've never set up adjustable guide plates before or the poly lock rocker setup but once i get rolling with that i'll get more pics. i gotta save up some more before i get the intake and carb along with the rest of the front parts ie. ps pump, alternator etc..

Head gaskets on with one set of studs on

one head mounted

other head mounted

i couldn't resist, i had to put the valve covers on for a quick pic, lol

Comment

one bit of advice, make sure you have those locks tight. I remember replacing a pushrod in a Chevy motor that someone missed one of the lock screws and the rocker arm came loose enough to pop the pushrod out of the cup. No serious damage but it could have been worse.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice!!! So shiney too.

Packman

Comment

Looking good!
                      Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Beautiful!
                        sigpicJosephine-1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS-Bone stock.....for now

Comment

Looks damn good, I bet those heads will cut down some serious weight compared to those big burly cast bastards.

It's been mentioned before.

What're you planning to do to that T5? Other than destroy it in its stock form, lol

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

thanks guys, i will put a little med strength loc tite on the lockers, and yes the heads are quite a bit lighter than the iron ones, valves are much bigger too as far as the t-5 i was considering getting the hardened internals if anything would take a shit on me but it was in a mustang with a 347 already and it held up to that abuse so i'm thinking i should be ok for a little while, key word.... should be....lol i'm waiting for the hardened push rods to come in, being that i do need to set the guide plates it is recommended to use hardened push rods as they may make slight contact with the guide plates. The rockers are significantly larger than stock and they need to be clocked slightly off to maintain center on the valve, kinda like this but not as dramatic \ / rather than | |.

Nick

Comment

I lifted a set of Trick Flow TW heads at a performance shop and both heads at the same time were manageable for me. My stock 292 head is far heavier than they are; and I would imagine the E7s that are on the truck engine aren't any lighter. I would imagine that the ProComp heads are still better than any of the stock heads. Though, from what I have read here and other comments on other boards, they need better valvetrain components.

Packman

Comment

ok guys, little update, got the correct length pushrods, got the studs torqued and loc tited, rockers all set up and initial adjustment done, poly locks loc tited, threw the valve covers on, i'm waiting to see if summit racing is going to have a sale before i submit my 1000.00 parts order for the distributor, wires, intake (edelbrock rpm dual plane air gap), intake gasket kit (felpro 1250), exhaust manifolds (bbk 1+5/8 primaries), t-5 block plate, t-stat housing, t-stat, and stage 2 clutch kit, also ordered arp flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and summit stainless intake bolts. she's gonna be running very soon!!! pics to follow!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X