No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln?? Lol Ashley I thought I taught you how to correctly identify a panther? :P
    That is a sharp car Bob, you pick it up off the lot or order it your way?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

We were talking about our Lincoln's man! And we can tack the whole being blind thing on there as well.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

C'mon guys, don't fight!! LOL I ordered it with all the options I wanted which only were a full size spare and Auto headlights (total of $150 in options). Everything else was standard in the LS, that year.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Just the full size spare and the auto headlights, hah! That's cool man, do you still have the book that broke down pricing? I'm always on oldcarbrochures.com looking at that stuff to see what was optional vs standard

Comment

Still have the window sticker, owner's manual and assorted documentation.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Research is showing to go with the thermal paste! If I am incorrect, I trust someone will point it out.
              When I swapped out my TFI module almost a year ago I used thermal paste. No issues since the swap!

Also, I remember using a deep socket 1/4 drive socket to get the TFI module out... can't remember the size though, it was small. (Didn't know there was a tool for it)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

He's going to want to see pictures.. lol.
                That's so cool!
                1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Check out YOUTUBE. There are probably videos for it.

Comment

Yeah post pics bob! The old man I bought my townie off bought it new but didn't keep any of that stuff! Such a bummer.

Slack, when your TFI module went bad what were the symptoms?

Comment

Welcome!

Like I told DerekTheGreat when he joined I'm up in Shelby Township and work in Warren. I'm not sure if I'll have a free weekend before it gets too cold for JY runs, but I wouldn't mind tagging along. Maybe I could convince my wife to come with me on a JY run, but I wouldn't count on it. She's not even close to a car gal, but she has no problem with me being into this kind of stuff so it's all good.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome! You're going to learn a lot from this site
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I have a knock-off TFI on the 88. no issues with it since the ECM fried and killed the OE TFI. It's a BWD from Oreilly if that matters any.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The OEM's are NOT cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              Slack, when your TFI module went bad what were the symptoms?
                              Oh just my own stupidity. lol I was replacing my thermostat and the thermostat housing was seized on. Trying to get it off, the TFI module got cracked in the process. 10 minute job turned into a nightmare quick. I posted about it here.
                              Last edited by slack; 10-01-2014, 11:03 PM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                                Welcome!

Like I told DerekTheGreat when he joined I'm up in Shelby Township and work in Warren. I'm not sure if I'll have a free weekend before it gets too cold for JY runs, but I wouldn't mind tagging along. Maybe I could convince my wife to come with me on a JY run, but I wouldn't count on it. She's not even close to a car gal, but she has no problem with me being into this kind of stuff so it's all good.
                                I'm down for a joint venture junk yard run. Ash and I just went last week to a bunch of them. Still scouring for spare JBL stuff and she's looking to replace her leather seats with velour ones.

Originally posted by slack View Post
                                Oh just my own stupidity. lol I was replacing my thermostat and the thermostat housing was seized on. Trying to get it off, the TFI module got cracked in the process. 10 minute job turned into a nightmare quick. I posted about it here.
                                Groovy, gotta love trying to fix one thing only to bust another. That's why I refuse to work on other peoples' cars haha.

What's the special tool, do we really need it? We plan on hitting the yard(s) this Saturday morning to find a TFI module and potentially some fresh meat with JBL stuff in it....

Comment

Working...
                                X