Cruise Control Buttons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Buttons...

This is going to sound like a dumb question.....but even the parts dept. at the Ford Dealer couldn't answer it, so here it is...

Are the buttons for the cruise control(located on the steering wheel...and no braille) on my 02 Grand Marquis LS edition supposed to back lit when the lights are on? All appearances of the buttons say yes...and the window, door locks, and mirror controls on the door are back lit, but not the buttons on the steering wheel

I am only asking because

A) I bought it used from Whittman Lincoln/Mercury in San Diego, and didn't really pay attention to that detail
    B) My 95 Grand Marquis cruise control buttons were not back lit
    C) My 01 F-150 XLT cruise control buttons ARE back lit
    In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, In practice there is.....

My Rides:

01 F-150
    02 MGM

My Project:
    55 Packard

I have an 02 GM and yes, the buttons on the steering wheel are back lite.
    But mine has the cruise, radio and climate control buttons, all on the steering wheel.
    The ones with just the cruise buttons may not light up?

Comment

my steering wheel only have the Cruise Control buttons....
      In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, In practice there is.....

My Rides:

01 F-150
      02 MGM

My Project:
      55 Packard

Comment

cruise buttons only on the 2000... no lights... but it's a stripper version... (base model vic) so dunno.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No lights on cruise only wheels
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by sonar_91 View Post
            This is going to sound like a dumb question ...
            It bothers me when people beat themselves up like that. It's not a dumb question. If someone at a dealership didn't know, then it's not as if the answer is obvious. And, thanks to you, I actually learned a few new things today. I don't ever recall having noticed that the buttons on my door are back lit, but they are. And when I checked my owner's manual (which doesn't seem to have any info on the subject), I also learned the proper way to use my cruise control. I even ended up expanding my knowledge of the keyless entry function (the code for which I had only discovered in recent months after another member accidentally locked his keys in his car through the keyless entry pad).

Here's an example of a potentially dumb question (imagine a "Valley Girl" attitude): "Like, I want to be able to drive my car using voice commands, and, like, I know the car has a computer, so, like, how do I activate the voice command function?". Even then, there might be some genius who can come up with a solution.

My 2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP doesn't have back lit cruise control buttons, and they don't even seem to have the capability for it. The letters look painted on. I couldn't be sure about the buttons on the door, and I only found out that the window and door lock buttons are back lit after turning the lights on. My mirror control did not light up, and it doesn't seem to have the capability for it.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
            X