More problems with my stereo deck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More problems with my stereo deck.

Okay, currently I have a cheapy loaner deck in my car from my buddy with just an AUX jack..its about 3 years old, plays sound fine and works like it should. I picked up a brand new JVC deck with USB and pretty colours and when i go to hook it up it doesn't play sound at all, but everything else works fine. Why would one deck work and the other not? I obviously hooked them up how they're supposed to be.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Could just plain be defective from the factory.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

are all the outputs, preamps etc the same?

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
      1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
      88 CVLX
      01 Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by piranah View Post
        are all the outputs, preamps etc the same?
        As far as I know they are.
        Last edited by 89TownCar; 10-03-2014, 02:22 AM.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
        1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

what the rest of the setup? Is the amplifier still in the trunk, or has it been bypassed ? Are you using a wiring harness kit, or splicing into factory wiring directly? Which kit, if using one ?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            what the rest of the setup? Is the amplifier still in the trunk, or has it been bypassed ? Are you using a wiring harness kit, or splicing into factory wiring directly? Which kit, if using one ?
            Im using a wiring harness kit. I have both the amp integrated one and non-amp integrated one. Im using the non-amp one with my current deck and it works fine.

Comment

is the amplifier in the trunk bypassed or no ?
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

is the amplifier in the trunk bypassed or no ?
                Where is the Amp in the trunk? I'll have a look.

Comment

should be mounted vertical to the back of the rear seat, on the driver's side. Its either a silver box for premium sound, or a bigger black box with fins for the JBL system. If its not bypassed, I'd do that. They do not like to be fed from speaker level input. Usually it works, but distorts badly with any sort of volume.

Comment

should be mounted vertical to the back of the rear seat, on the driver's side. Its either a silver box for premium sound, or a bigger black box with fins for the JBL system. If its not bypassed, I'd do that. They do not like to be fed from speaker level input. Usually it works, but distorts badly with any sort of volume.
                    I have no idea what the specifics of this particular sound system are, but I will point out that AudioControl makes some devices that convert speaker level to RCA level.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

There are wiring harness kits made that plug into the line-level RCA jacks on aftermarket head units, and those work well. I'm using one on my Mark VII to mate a Sony stereo to the stock JBL. The amps also die sometimes, so it may not be worth bothering about interfacing one. The premium sound amps seem to chug on forever but the bigger JBL amps seem to lose output chips with age.

Comment

Working...
                      X