No announcement yet.

Transmission pan leaking RTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's all there is to it. Before you undo the bolt and pull the tube clean any loose junk around the base of the tube. I wouldn't use any cleaner or anything just knock any loose stuff away from the hole the tube goes into on the trans.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Where am I able to get the O-ring for the AOD dipstick tube
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...Car&vi=1188693

that comes up. Bet you can get that at any parts store though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
          Where am I able to get the O-ring for the AOD dipstick tube
          RTV didn't fix that, eh? Bummer!

Just a heads-up, the transmission dipstick is held in place by one of the bolts that hold the engine and trans together. You need a 5/8" socket for it, with at least one U-joint, and a LOOONG extension. May need to mess with the O2 sensor harness too, IIRC the connector is clipped to the tube's little bracket kinda in the way of getting to the bolt.
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

No, unfortunately there's a wet spot on the ground right in the corner where the dipstick is

o2 sensor, dang it. Some people here say it's a fairly easy thing to do and some say it's more cumbersome then that. I am hoping for the former!
            "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
            -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

You don't need to pull the sensor, just unclip the harness from the dipstick tube bracket.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

One drip? Thats why cardboard exists.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X