1985 MGM LS with 63k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 MGM LS with 63k

The other day, I went to investigate an '85 MGM that was going to be parted out and scrapped. What I discovered is a practically all-original 63k survivor that has been sitting in a garage since 2002. I couldn't let it get cut up...so home it came. Working power windows/locks/seat, original paint, MINT vinyl roof (was garaged), almost 100% solid body aside from a hole in the driver's floor above the cat. Front door bottoms are scabby but solid. Frame is great. Some little stone chips and chrome dents here and there, all very minor. Bumpers are quite good. All glass is crack-free, newer windshield. Turbines have some oxidation. 302 with factory 2150 2-barrel carb (original Canadian car), needs the usual tune-up items due to the extended storage but runs strong in spite of it. Exhaust from cats back (single) looks almost brand new, no holes.

It needs a driver's front brake line (burst near flex hose connection) to be driven. Rear brake lines have been replaced before and look new. Intermediate parking brake cable is nonexistent. The door panels and seats show a little bit of fading (see pictures). The headliner is intact but the felt is separating from the trim around the rear window.

I don't need or have space for another vehicle. Is anyone interested? $900 and it's yours. I can deliver within a reasonable distance. Car is located at my shop near Elmira, Ontario, northeast of Waterloo and northwest of Guelph.

It was raining when I pulled the car in, hence the water droplets (it isn't orange peel or paint blemishes).

Last edited by RyPow; 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

I just noticed that the axle code on the door sticker is '2' which corresponds to 3.55 open....I'll double-check the axle tag if it's still there. Bonus if it's correct! I wonder if they put 3.55s on the Canadian carb 302 cars to help offset the mediocre power.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

she look snice, SOMEONE RESCUE HER!!!!!!!!!!!
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

That's a really nice looking car for $900. Wow, sounds like a steal to me.
        Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
        Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
        Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
        Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Hope it doesn't come to it but if you do decide to part it, I will be interested.

Comment

id be there imediately... how much would it be to transfer a title like that to US?
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Best car I ever owned was an '85 Grand Marq (it was an ex-rental)...was comfortable and reliable for my 150 mile round trip work commute for many years.

Hmmmm, just looked it up, you're about 200 miles from Windsor...need to see what it takes to register a Canadian car in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by 89 Grand Marq View Post
                Hope it doesn't come to it but if you do decide to part it, I will be interested.
                I hope it doesn't come to that either, but it would be a good donor for a lot of things. Taillights/front marker lights are near-perfect, great fenders/header/hood/trunk, bumpers are good....

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                how much would it be to transfer a title like that to US?
                Originally posted by Louis View Post
                need to see what it takes to register a Canadian car in the US.
                I did some quick reading: one federal document you will need is an EPA form declaring the car to be exempt from a customs bond for emissions since it is older than 21 years. Not sure about specific state requirements. I imagine you need some sort of sales value paperwork.

Keep in mind, the car is NOT roadworthy the way it sits so you would need a car dolley or trailer, unless we worked something out for the repairs.
                Last edited by RyPow; 10-09-2014, 10:49 AM.
                RyPow

Comment

Now listed locally as well.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1024528023
                  RyPow

Comment

Awesome find! I saw your ad is down too, so you must have had success!
                    ************************************************** ******************************
                    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

That's the best design for the vinyl roof, the way it wraps in around the rear window. Total class! Hope it doesn't end up parted out.
                      1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                        I saw your ad is down too, so you must have had success!
                        The car is tentatively sold to someone locally. I'm waiting for him to dig his car trailer out.
                        RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by AC75 View Post
                          That's the best design for the vinyl roof, the way it wraps in around the rear window. Total class! Hope it doesn't end up parted out.
                          They looked super classy when they were new, it really set them apart.

Pete
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

The car just left for it's new home yesterday evening! Seems like it'll get the TLC and appreciation it deserves.
                            RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                              The car just left for it's new home yesterday evening! Seems like it'll get the TLC and appreciation it deserves.
                              Good to hear!
                              ************************************************** ******************************
                              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Working...
                              X