1985 CV - A Canadian 2bbl 302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 CV - A Canadian 2bbl 302

Here's my somewhat newly acquired Crown Vic. The background on how I got her was written up on my blog. Here's a link for anyone who wants to read up on that:

http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/201...blue-boat.html

Here's some photos:

The Front
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CarFront.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	1302681

The Back

Name:	CarBack.jpg
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1302682

More Shots

Name:	UndertheHood.jpg
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	1302683

Name:	Carb.jpg
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	1302684

Name:	InteriorDriver.jpg
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	1302685

Name:	UnderneathRear.jpg
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	1302686

The car seems to be pretty unique as far as what I've found in my research and talking to others. It's got a carb (not the CFI), it has a 3.55 locking rear end, rear sway bar (like the tow package), single exhaust (unlike the tow package), and it's two-tone blue (not too rare, but nice to have!).

I plan on doing some work to it:

- Restore the dual exhaust
    - Replace the heads with something better (unless a machine shop can improve the stock heads.. feel free to chime in!)
    - Replace the cam with something better
    - Install a 4bbl/new intake
    - Lincoln logs (if I can get my hands on them)

Work I have done so far (some with help!):

- New tires (Wal-Mart cheapies until I get some nicer rims)
    - New battery
    - New positive battery cable
    - Replaced voltage regulator
    - Replaced voltage regulator connector
    - New alt/fanbelt
    - New lightbulb for under the hood

There's also some minor body work that needs to be done. Not much, but there are a few rusty-ish spots.

I'll keep posting updates as they happen.

So far I've been super impressed with everyone on here. Thanks for all your help and advice!

Cheers.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Probably want to shoot some carb cleaner down the carb until it is replaced. Best of luck as it seems nice!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
      Probably want to shoot some carb cleaner down the carb until it is replaced. Best of luck as it seems nice!! Bobby
      I was thinking that today! All I have on hand is throtlebody cleaner... will that work too or should I buy a can of carb specific stuff?
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

I'd use Carb cleaner as it is cheaper. The TB cleaner is really to protect the coatings some Fords have in/on the TB.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Very nice CV!

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

Do a muffler delete for now. The stock H-pipe is expensive so until then just remove the restriction. It won't make it too loud, I have stock duals with no mufflers and it's not loud.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Sounds like a mix-and-matched tow package. Original owner must not have been interested in factory go-fast goodness. Either that or he/she ran out money to spend decking this beast out, and axed the duals. Either way, it's a sweet car. I love how the two-tone paint follows the body lines! Lincoln Logs were a '90 model year thing, so they may not be super easy to find anymore. I don't know much about porting stock '85 heads. I don't even know if they're E6TEs....
              '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
              '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
              '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                  Do a muffler delete for now. The stock H-pipe is expensive so until then just remove the restriction. It won't make it too loud, I have stock duals with no mufflers and it's not loud.
                  Hahaha, could be awesome, but I think I'm just going to wait to put on the proper exhaust. It's not on the road right now anyway and I'm not depending on it for regular transportation, so I have nothing but time to do everything I like. Now I just need money!

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                    Sounds like a mix-and-matched tow package. Original owner must not have been interested in factory go-fast goodness. Either that or he/she ran out money to spend decking this beast out, and axed the duals. Either way, it's a sweet car. I love how the two-tone paint follows the body lines! Lincoln Logs were a '90 model year thing, so they may not be super easy to find anymore. I don't know much about porting stock '85 heads. I don't even know if they're E6TEs....
                    You could be right. I heard there were lots of different a la carte options for these.

I'm becoming very aware of the difficulty of finding lincoln logs... more and more everyday! They must be made of unobtanium.

As far as the heads go, I'm thinking I might just go with gt40ps... I'm still stuck on the cam though... what one works best and will that affect the firing order, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
                      Very nice CV!
                      Thanks!

Comment

I've got some Lincoln Logs, shoot me an offer
                        Last edited by 89TownCar; 10-09-2014, 11:54 PM.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                        1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Very nice car, looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
                            I've got some Lincoln Logs, shoot me an offer
                            Are they in good shape? I have no idea what these are worth to be honest, since I can't seem to find any ads for them. What did you want for them? Feel free to pm me if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                              Very nice car, looks great.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X