• Show
Clear All

Coughcough3GSWAPcoughcough
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Coughcough3GSWAPcoughcough
      Dammit! Now I have something else I need to add to my list... and I thought my days of screwing with the wiring were long over

In all seriousness though, wont adjusting my idle up a bit take care of some of this? I realize it's a Band-Aid solution of course, but in theory...
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Well, yeah but where is it at? I have some really old analog thing that my buddy was going to throw away that I use for that sort of thing. If it's running where Ford says it should then well, it's 3G time! That or just go junk yarding or to the parts store for boring stock parts. I'm not sure if 1985 is 1G or 2G but the conversion details are there in the sticky. If my incompetent ass can do it, you can too!

Edit: Could be that all the connections are nasty. With every heap we get we go through and clean all the connections under the hood up. If you've got those crummy $3 battery terminals those gotta go.

Comment

Well, yeah but where is it at? I have some really old analog thing that my buddy was going to throw away that I use for that sort of thing. If it's running where Ford says it should then well, it's 3G time! That or just go junk yarding or to the parts store for boring stock parts. I'm not sure if 1985 is 1G or 2G but the conversion details are there in the sticky. If my incompetent ass can do it, you can too!

Edit: Could be that all the connections are nasty. With every heap we get we go through and clean all the connections under the hood up. If you've got those crummy $3 battery terminals those gotta go.
          My Battery terminals are covered in a nice layer of corrosion... probably could use a cleaning now that you mention it. All of the connections to my alternator have been cleaned, same with the connections where the battery cable connects to all those other cables on the passenger side wheel well (some of the wiring has been replaced too!). My regulator is brand new, as well as a brand new connector which I spliced in (admittedly I crimped it in... I'll solder it in one day). So I think I have my connectors covered once I clean the battery terminals.

I'll do that and report back. Gonna poke around under the hood sometime this week.

I'm not 100% sure where my idle is to be honest... it sounds pretty good, but I'm not a tachometer so I could be off...
          ************************************************** ******************************
          1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

I've posted new pics in the POTM poll.

Here's a couple of my favs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Woodstock-20151022-00759.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1278369

Name:	Woodstock-20151022-00762.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1278370

Comment

Fix those black eyes! LoL. makes me miss my '85.

Comment

Fix those black eyes! LoL. makes me miss my '85.
                Haha, I know, right?

Comment

Oh man, I love that sunset shot. Looks like something you'd see in a still image or a commercial. URGH! Stop making me want to buy a pre '88 LTD CV..... there's a black one with red stripes less than 15 minutes from here. It's an incomplete 351W swap. Could probably just buy as a roller for chump change and swap in Exploder 302 + Jmodded 4R70W.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Never buy someone else's project/hobby my friend.

Comment

Never buy someone else's project/hobby my friend.
                      Yeah.... it's more of a last-ditch project option than anything else. There's a bunch of other and better cars to look at first.
                      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                        Oh man, I love that sunset shot. Looks like something you'd see in a still image or a commercial.
                        Haha, thanks. I just like it because it gives it a slight backlighting so you can't see the rusty spots.

In a little over a week my uncle is going to give me some tips on how to go about fixing the rust spots. He's a former licensed body mechanic. His skills are so good they should have been included as a line in Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment

"Your mom goes to college..."

"Girls only like guys with good skills!"

Comment

The old girl's going away for the winter today, so I took her on my commute to work. I'll get a good 1.5 hours of driving time today. Too bad it's windy as hell and spitting down drizzle.

Parenthetically, my co-worker drives a 1991 MGM when there's no snow. I took some buddy shots of the two parked next to each other.

Name:	IMG-20151106-00868.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	1278413Click image for larger version

Name:	Stratford-20151106-00866.jpg
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	1278414Click image for larger version

Name:	Stratford-20151106-00867.jpg
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	1278415

Over the winter I'll clean up some of the trim, maybe do some of that body work and save up $$$ for a new exhaust.

Comment

Fix those black eyes while you're at it!

Comment

Yes yes. Got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X