Unused fuse locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unused fuse locations?

I see that there are 2 unused fuse locations in my fuse box(7 and 15), I don't see a diagram of the box so I don't know if there is wiring present.
    I need a "hot with ignition" source and was hoping that I could just use one of those spots to put in a new fuse.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

technically... yes you can. Any open spot is fodder for putting a fuse of your own routing in. In practical use... maybe. you have to be willing to find a way to get the proper blade lugs to mount in the fuse box and then wire them up to the power source you need. If those slots already have at least one side with a lug, it's probably the power side and you can test it for voltage in the conditions you want and don't want to make sure it'll be on in only the modes you need. I've personally only played with the under-hood fuse boxes in aeros so I have no clue what the under dash ones are like.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Fuse location #7 has +12v at all times, location #15 is hot with ignition.
      Neither has a ground side in the socket, at least on my car.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

then the only trick would be getting a blade connector into that side of it and running that to your addition. Good luck, and I would advise disconnecting the battery while you futz with the fuse box.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I found that out by connecting the battery, it's unhooked now since I have to do other stuff.

Comment

party on Garth

Comment

Working...
            X