Upgrade Sound System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Sound System?

I have a 2007 GMQ LS with under 29000 miles that I only take when I travel the highway. I absolutely love the car and the ride. However, I am used to a little better (Premium) sound out of the stock system. I have the radio with Am Fm, Satellite, cassette, and CD. There is no amp in the trunk nor is there a sub-woofer. I want to keep the car as stock as possible, but I wonder if a premium sound system is available at all for this car? Possibly from Lincoln?
    Thanks
    Charlie

I'd get a nice amp with speaker level inputs and replace all four speakers to start keeping thr factory head unit. This will certainly help things. You could also just replace all four speakers and add a powered subwoofer as well.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Understood... There was NO upgrade available with the stock system. Thanks so much for the info. I can stop searching now.

Comment

I added all new wiring and a 4 channel amp/speakers to my 03. Still using the stock headunit but planning on upgrading it eventually. I've seen pics of new headunits fitted into Marauders and they look very modern and very stock-ish.

Someone here refitted an older stock sub to a newer car, can't remember, darn grey matter.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I've got a double din Pioneer. They are little tricky to install, but look great.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

My Sport came with the 6 disc in dash player, "component" speakers in the stock locations and a sub. The only premium sound piece it didn't have was the trunk mounted changer. I upgraded to real components, a better sub in the stock box and a Pioneer double din with nav and all the other goodies.
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
            X