No announcement yet.

2007 Grand Marquis LS "Luxoliner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try and deal with drunk,angry,stoned or a combination of all three even on my short jaunts to the store had some close calls too and yes construction and people manuvering around the cones this is Las Vegas for you.

Comment

Sucks, but at least nobody was hurt. Cars can be replaced.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Sucks Scott.

Was the rear wheel well and rear passengers side door damaged from this accident as well?
        Actually, no.

I found the corner of an old stone wall trying to turn down an extremely tight alleyway in a tight historic town last year. GPS told me to turn and I found myself with only inches to spare on both sides of the car.

I have to idea how I hit the corner, as the wall was decently inset from the curb. I didn't hit the curb, only the wall. So I like to say I finally found a road the car didn't fit down.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

So what did the person driving the Camry have to say for themselves? Did they blame you? I can hear it now, "Didn't you see my turnsignal?" "Why did you get into my lane?"
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            So what did the person driving the Camry have to say for themselves? Did they blame you? I can hear it now, "Didn't you see my turnsignal?" "Why did you get into my lane?"
            Actually, she admitted fault immediately. As she told me, "I just wasn't looking left." She was so focused on finding a gap in traffic to her right, that she never checked opposing traffic to her left. Pulled out right in front of me. She told me she messed up, she admitted fault to the police officers, and then to her insurance company the same time I was on the phone with them. And her husband gave me a ride home. They were actually decent people about it and didn't play any games.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Well thats good, at least it cuts down on the BS about who did what and who is going to pay for it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                Actually, she admitted fault immediately. As she told me, "I just wasn't looking left." She was so focused on finding a gap in traffic to her right, that she never checked opposing traffic to her left. Pulled out right in front of me. She told me she messed up, she admitted fault to the police officers, and then to her insurance company the same time I was on the phone with them. And her husband gave me a ride home. They were actually decent people about it and didn't play any games.
                Very rare case for me. Seems I get to deal with all the "world owes me a living" crowd all the time. I've only had ONE case of all of the BS I've been through that the other party straight up apologized about it and she was probably in her 80s.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wow, I'd be speechless. My experiences are much like sly's.. Not to mention amidst the people I know, I've never heard a story where the other person didn't try to accuse the other party despite being obviously at fault...
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                  X