2007 Grand Marquis LS "Luxoliner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Grand Marquis LS "Luxoliner"

I decided to replace the little tin can with a real car...the more I drove the Civic the more uncomfortable it got. The gas mileage was great, but I grew pretty tired of the whole sub-compact thing quick. So I traded it in and upgraded.

This is my new daily driver, a 2007 Grand Marquis LS Premium, dubbed the Luxoliner.

She's been pretty well taken care of. Just about to turn 77000 miles. Carfax and the owner's manual have documented the regular maintenance from the previous two owners. The recall inspection of the steering hasn't been completed though, so I'll be taking her in for that next chance I can. As of right now, I don't have too many plans for her. I just want a nice cruiser I can turn-key and go when I need to. The 2.73s will help me get whatever highway mileage I can, seeing 26mpg so far cruising back roads and around town. I may upgrade some lights to LED but for now I'm in no rush to do anything.

I definitely look forward to commuting in this now. I never felt this way about the Civic.

So here's my Panther pair now.

And sitting with The Doktor's Mark VI.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Very nice, the whales are great driving cars. Looks to be a retail version with the fog lights, so probably fully loaded.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Congratulations, it's a nice car and you're right these whales are great cruisers. My 2003 LSE has the same color as yours and looks pretty similar, but it is geared differently so the mileage is not as good.

Comment

Welcome to the Mod Madness!!
        If you upgrade leds you need to mod the lcm.
        Also, enjoy the couch.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

A wonderful car. They do spoil us for many other cars.

The only "mod" I suggest is a posi carrier. Get a brand new one as they are easy to come by. Shop a bit for a good price.

While not a mod, snows are the way to go. (posi & snows)
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Congrats, its beauitful car
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

oooooooo I love those foglights. I'm glad you've upgraded, you're starting to have a mound of cars. In different states too!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice car. Now get it undercoated.

Comment

Fantastic choice, beautiful car.

+1 on the undercoating or fluid film, may also want to remove the chrome wheel lip moldings for the winter....salt water and moisture can collect behind them causing rust to your fender lips.

Comment

I would imagine he'll be driving the F-150 in winter. Could easily put a limited slip in that and it'd be great in snow, especially with the camper shell on for weight.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I have a 2007 Grand Marquis Lx also, in the same metallic Birch, but mine does NOT have the chrome fender lips.

Comment

Because Honda sucks that's why.
                          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            I would imagine he'll be driving the F-150 in winter.
                            It's been converted to a Mercury M-150
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I seen better highway mileage with 3.27's over the 2.73's I have now. I lost a lot going with 3.73's on the highway (about 20 mpg roughly) but oddly enough gained a decent amount around town.

IMO 327 is perfect for a DD and I'm not a fan of 2.73's at all. My 97 got 28-29 mpg with good rubber on the highway easily, sometimes low 30's if I really, really babied it and it was a good road.
                              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                              X