No announcement yet.

2007 Grand Marquis LS "Luxoliner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Mr.Marquis you are selling the "cherry bomb" but why sell a perfectly good car?

Comment

2.73s work great in aero vics when you're always doing 70+ on highways... like here in Texas. I have seen 28mpg out of the 93 with the original engine and 2.73 open gears doing 70-75 the whole trip.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ooh, thin white walls! Giggidy!
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The truck will definitely take the brunt of the winter, especially now with the 4x4 swap done. But Luxo ain't gonna park all season like Cherry. If this year is gonna be as bad as last, I'm gonna put the heated leather seats to work!

Here's the new fleet line up.

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
          So Mr.Marquis you are selling the "cherry bomb" but why sell a perfectly good car?
          I don't really need to sell her, but I feel it may be time. I have another project car that the money will be better spent on, and the garage is pretty cramped with one full-size car in there let alone two. I'm trying to consolidate a little. If she doesn't sell to someone who wants to keep her going, then I'll keep her.

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
          Because Honda sucks that's why.
          Everything but gas...I already enjoy driving the new whale so much more. I should've went this route earlier.

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
            I seen better highway mileage with 3.27's over the 2.73's I have now. I lost a lot going with 3.73's on the highway (about 20 mpg roughly) but oddly enough gained a decent amount around town.

IMO 327 is perfect for a DD and I'm not a fan of 2.73's at all. My 97 got 28-29 mpg with good rubber on the highway easily, sometimes low 30's if I really, really babied it and it was a good road.
            Im glad my GMQ got factory 3.27!
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Nice car Scott. Looks very comfy.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can't drive compact cars either. Besides being 6'3" and having no legroom and my knees hitting the dash, I just feel claustrophobic without any extra room, I don't know how people can drive those little shitbox micro-compact or "city cars" like the Chevy Spark, Toyota iQ or the awful Smart Fortwo. I for one like have extra car around me, really helps in a crash, not to mention the ride in those tiny cars are bouncy and terrible. I'll pay more and get worse mileage in a car I can live with.

/rant.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I'm definitely enjoying riding around on a cloud again. It's just so damn comfy!

Luxo just got a K&N air filter today, and I cleared out the garage so that I can tuck Cherry inside.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Luxo is at Ford right now. Battery light came on driving home yesterday. Alternator is dead. Took a chance with the third party warranty when I bought the car and it has now paid for itself. Not normally a gambling man but made the right call with that one.

However, the Electronic Auto Temp Control unit isn't blowing out the right vents. Warranty doesn't cover that one, and it's a $900+ fix at the stealership. So I'll be ripping it apart and replacing the O-rings on the solenoids as that seems to be most common issue. Oh boy what fun.

sigpic

Comment

Replacing the O-rings isn't really that bad of a job. I've done it on an 03 or 04 EATC unit and all but one of the O-rings was stiff and dried out so bad that they all broke when I tried removing them. Some new silicone O-rings and a little dielectric grease should do the trick for you.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Is this the fix where the air comes out all stupid like because Ford used shitty non-hot car compatible rubber seals?
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Is this the fix where the air comes out all stupid like because Ford used shitty non-hot car compatible rubber seals?
                          That or the mode door hinge likes to break.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            That sounds about right.

If it's defaulting to defrost all the time the O-ring fix should work. Even if it ends up being the mode door hinge, replacing those crap O-rings before they cause a problem wouldn't hurt.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Orings take about an hour start to finish. It's not that bad, hardest part is getting thr plungers back in (just steady pressure and a little patience).
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

A/C fixed and all is working well. It was only about 45 minutes everything was ripped out and reinstalled, works great now. Just in time for ScottFest!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X