No announcement yet.

2007 Grand Marquis LS "Luxoliner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cleaned up Luxo some today in preparation for Scottfest. I'm finding more paint blemishes and what looks like crappy touch-up jobs. The front bumper is quickly loosing paint as well. I'm tempted to go ahead with the two-tone idea I've been thinking about...

Can't expect perfection on a car that drives everyday though. Still looks good to me!

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

She is perty!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
          Cleaned up Luxo some today in preparation for Scottfest. I'm finding more paint blemishes and what looks like crappy touch-up jobs. The front bumper is quickly loosing paint as well. I'm tempted to go ahead with the two-tone idea I've been thinking about...

Can't expect perfection on a car that drives everyday though. Still looks good to me!

Scott wait until you see the bumpers on my Town Car, especially the back one then you won't feel so bad.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Love the factory fogs, mang.

I love these front ends on the Aeros.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

There has been progress. I didn't feel lazy today and it felt great so I decided to take advantage of it all.

I've been sitting on a Pioneer FH-X700BT double din head unit for a while now and my FM transmitter had been annoying me...so it was time for action.

I knew the trimming process to get a DD unit into dash was a little time consuming but holy crap I didn't expect it to be that big of a pain. The whole install took maybe four hours and most of that was playing with the Dremel. I cut out all four plastic lips that surround the opening in the dash, then cut off the bottom edge of the Metra kit. It was close to fitting after that, so there was more sanding around the edges, opening up the corners in the dash, and much cursing.

Finally, I found a fit that is tight enough to hold itself together but will pop right out when I need to take the dash out again.

I didn't grab a picture with the fading daylight, but it has a separate Bluetooth mic that is attached to the headliner right above the A pillar. Now I just have to figure out how to use the thing.

Next up is getting my set of 17" steelies ready to go. I'm thinking about Plasti-dipping them...which I'm guessing I should really do after getting tires mounted on them. Thoughts?

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Steelies for winter use, to keep the shinies shiny, right? What color is the plasti-dip you plan on use? Is purple available? LOL

That new radio, can it change backlight colors? I would be pretty cool if you can get it to match the factory cluster lighting... Or you can make the cluster match the radio. Tho I personally hate looking at blue-lit gauges at night...
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/elast.../aerosols.html

http://dipheadsunite.com/our-colors/

Just saying.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                    Steelies for winter use, to keep the shinies shiny, right? What color is the plasti-dip you plan on use? Is purple available? LOL

That new radio, can it change backlight colors? I would be pretty cool if you can get it to match the factory cluster lighting... Or you can make the cluster match the radio. Tho I personally hate looking at blue-lit gauges at night...
                    Depending on how much I like the steelies, they may be permanent; especially since they are the 17" and I don't plan on cheaping out on the rubber. I'm thinking silver or copper right now with my Mountaineer center caps. Maaaaaybe trim rings too.

The stereo has two changeable colors. You can see in the first pick I have blue trim and orange display. You can customize the color individually of each or set them to scroll through the preset color range.

sigpic

Comment

Depending on how much I like the steelies, they may be permanent; especially since they are the 17" and I don't plan on cheaping out on the rubber. I'm thinking silver or copper right now with my Mountaineer center caps. Maaaaaybe trim rings too.

The stereo has two changeable colors. You can see in the first pick I have blue trim and orange display. You can customize the color individually of each or set them to scroll through the preset color range.
                      Definitely do trim rings. You have enough shiny on that car already, the trim rings will blend right in. Especially seeing how the shiny fender lip trim is right above them.

Cool beans on the radio colors. Yeah I did see the two-color pic but for some reason it didn't compute in my brain. So how close to factory gauge cluster color can you make the radio? I'd thing the orange display with green buttons and such would be pretty cool.
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                        Definitely do trim rings. You have enough shiny on that car already, the trim rings will blend right in. Especially seeing how the shiny fender lip trim is right above them.

Cool beans on the radio colors. Yeah I did see the two-color pic but for some reason it didn't compute in my brain. So how close to factory gauge cluster color can you make the radio? I'd thing the orange display with green buttons and such would be pretty cool.
                        I'll have to play around with that and get back to you.

Also the wheel well trim may disappear, I'm very on the fence about it. It doesn't flow nearly as well as the trim on a box would; I hate how it just kind of dead-ends into the bumper panels, especially in the back...

sigpic

Comment

Hm, I actually think the wheel arch trim flows very well with the rest of the chrome. You have those big inlays in the bumpers, the gap between them and the wheel arch trim is close enough to just kinda ignore it...

Comment

Ghosty, the stereo is so bright on dim that the darkest green overpowers the cluster. This is about a close as it will get.

sigpic

Comment

I likes it!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ghosty, the stereo is so bright on dim that the darkest green overpowers the cluster.
                                Hate it when they do that, it's nice for daylight driving but for those of us who actually get to spend hours behind the wheel after darkness falls being able to dim everything way down is godsend. My Sony is on dim all the time, it's not anywhere near as bright as your new toy and still bugs me some nights... Still it pales in comparison to whatever was in some car I happened to be transporting once, that thing was glowing like an airport runway light - ended up folding up some paper and sticking it partially in the CD slot and letting it hang down, sure I couldn't see the radio but at least I could now see the darn road. LOL

That color scheme sure looks good tho, the red even matches your needles on the gauges.

Comment

Working...
                                X