No announcement yet.

Climate Control Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes sense. I didn't think it would hurt anything this way. Thanks bob!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Didn't know that, thanks for the info! Seeing as there aren't any wires feeding into the ATC sensor what controls the auto fan speed, vacuum? Also seems that when in auto there's a speed just above the lowest manual speed.. Another questions for you: Is it ok to leave the fan speed selector or climate selector lever in any position when shutting the car off or before you start it? I'm a big fan of turning everything off before I shut the car down or start it, but lately I've been leaving the selector on floor or floor+defrost and moving the blower to the lowest setting before I turn the car off because I don't want to wear out the selector mechanism.

There is a second fan switch on top of the heater core box that moves with the vacuum servo. Its basically a 5 position switch that is set up hi, med, lo, med, hi. It speeds up the fan as the blend door moves towards either full cold or full hot. The newer ones work about the same way, but they have a fully variable fan speed instead of just the 3 speed setup the boxes got. It should be the same speed as low on the switch, but it might run a wee bit faster if there is less wire resistance or something in the circuit.

I just leave mine wherever it was.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ah, so it never turns off the fan completely then. My one buddy always rips on me for turning everything off before shut down and start. Also Rios on me for not immediately throwing it in gear once the engine is running. I mean this dude is moving no sooner than his starter has disengaged from his torque converter, not shy of pushing high RPMs either... Makes me cringe.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
        X