No announcement yet.

95 "Grand Mercury" GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's completely OK. Write to me after You'll know totall cost and I'll prepare money. During this long time since we last wrote, I bought alloys from Lincoln TC, but I also strongly want this OEM Mecurys hubs... wrrr

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4.6 V8
    1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8

Comment

Nice work. Glad to see that someone remembers that there was a 1950s era.
      I cant remember where I have I seen that color dash trim on a crown vic. Is it on the CV LX sport ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        Nice work. Glad to see that someone remembers that there was a 1950s era.
        I cant remember where I have I seen that color dash trim on a crown vic. Is it on the CV LX sport ?
        Thanks! I modeled it after a 1956 hood ornament, but it's also similar to the one on my dream car-- the 1958 Mercury Park Lane.
        Someday. I need to save up and learn a lot more about fixing cars before I can even think about looking for one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1956-mercury-monterey-hood-ornament-emblem-jill-reger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1277315Click image for larger version

Name:	7570630970_5f6f7ac067_z.jpg
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	1277316

After painting the trim, I saw a pic of a Marauder dash with silver trim. Could that be it, maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2004-mercury-marauder-4-door-sedan-dashboard_100290370_m.jpg
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	1277317

1995 Grand Marquis GS
        - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
        1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
        1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
        I'll make it fit.
        I own hammers.

Comment

Get some 95-97 GMQ LS signal housings with the cornering lights! It'll look super classy. Make sure you get the little harness too. I got some LX housings for my base model Vic and Ill never go back to the base ones.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
          1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
            Get some 95-97 GMQ LS signal housings with the cornering lights! It'll look super classy. Make sure you get the little harness too. I got some LX housings for my base model Vic and Ill never go back to the base ones.
            Good idea! I've been considering it but I wasn't sure how the wiring would work. Is this "little harness" just something I can unplug though the fender hole, or how much is needed to get them to work?

I looked around at the yard today, found several panthers including a 96 LX vic and whale GMq LS, but nothing with cornering lights that will fit. All of them had the 2.73 open diff, except one whale cop car with a 3.55 trac-loc, which is higher than I'm willing to go for a highway cruiser.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
            I own hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by rezwrrd View Post
              Good idea! I've been considering it but I wasn't sure how the wiring would work. Is this "little harness" just something I can unplug though the fender hole, or how much is needed to get them to work?

I looked around at the yard today, found several panthers including a 96 LX vic and whale GMq LS, but nothing with cornering lights that will fit. All of them had the 2.73 open diff, except one whale cop car with a 3.55 trac-loc, which is higher than I'm willing to go for a highway cruiser.
              The ones I got for the Vic literally just unplugged. Thats wierd theres no Aero GMQs..my yards are fucking FILLED with them. I actually have a hard time finding an Aero Vic in a yard.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
              1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
                The ones I got for the Vic literally just unplugged. Thats wierd theres no Aero GMQs..my yards are fucking FILLED with them. I actually have a hard time finding an Aero Vic in a yard.
                There were several aeros there, but all of the compatible ones were GS. The other yard I go to is bigger and has a ton of aeros and whales, including a decent selection of P71s. I have a feeling I may have better luck finding stuff there, but I have to set aside half a day because it's a longer trip and it takes more walking to get to the Ford section.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                I own hammers.

Comment

Two words: electroluminescent wire!

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                  I own hammers.

Comment

get your Tron on

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I plumbed it into the courtesy light circuit, so it's not distracting me when I'm driving but looks cool on entry and exit. Now my mom wants some for her civic.

If I can find my spare LED strips, I may try something with those next. I'm going for a more modern TRON vibe, but trying not to be too ricey.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                      I own hammers.

Comment

Nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's cool, my Enclave has it from the factory and it looks neat. How did you attach it??
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Heh. It's not exactly attached. I used a guitar pick to wedge it in the crack around the fake wood grain piece. If I pull off the trim, it'll all fall out. But it works for now.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                            I own hammers.

Comment

Something that would be cool to try is try and cut out the "Grand marquis" letters on the trim, then put a light behind it and make the Grand Marquis glow on the dash.

Comment

Had a early 80s Lincoln that had the Towncar name on the right side of the dash back lit in blue from the factory. It might have been 1982. Wish they did that in more years as it looked good.

Comment

Working...
                                X