Control Arm Lower Bump Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Arm Lower Bump Stop

So, I picked up one of the universal Energy Suspension bump stops for the lower control arm figuring that it would work. It turns out it doesn't. The screw is too centered and the little peg doesn't reach the hole in the arm. Bummer.

Here's a pic of the box:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1302723

Here's it not fitting:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	doesntfit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1302724

I see RockAuto has a Moog one listed as a replacement. I know that's just rubber and not poly but can anyone confirm it fits right? It looks almost identical to the ES one.

Thanks,
    -Erik

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Probably a GM bumpstop. But just cut/grind/bend the peg off and use it. Welcome to the aftermarket. Be glad you do most of this stuff now, back when just about anything and everything you bought outside of stock replacement parts needed some sort of modification to make it work, that was just the way it was. So, make it fit. =-)

Alex.

Comment

Haha. Well that makes sense. I guess I can give that a go. The only thing I'm not to crazy about is how close it sits the to the sway bar endlink bushings. It basically touches them. I guess I can shave a little down on that side too... or maybe it doesn't really matter that much if they're touching?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

check my sig pic for...I believe I marked down what ones I used and modified to work....
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          check my sig pic for...I believe I marked down what ones I used and modified to work....
          Yeah, it looks like they are GM style and the ones you modified were the same in red.

Any pointers? Did they rub your sway bar end links?

Comment

I know I drilled a hole larger, or drilled a new one for something.......But definitely no interference with the endlinks.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hmm. That could work. I was thinking maybe I could enlarge the little hole but my bump stop seems to touch the end link where it is. I guess I could "oval" out the larger hole so I could mount it a little further over to body and away from the end link.

I'll give it a better look when my new PI front sway bar comes in the mail.

Comment

Working...
              X