Parting Out 1988 P72/PI Former NC State Highway Patrol Unmarked unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting Out 1988 P72/PI Former NC State Highway Patrol Unmarked unit

After having a collision 9 weeks ago, (totaling my pick-up and still hurting) I have decided to part out one of my Vics. This car is a 5.8L 4-door slick top unit and mostly complete at this point. Let me know via PM if you are interested in any parts. It really hurts to see this old girl go, but I have five more in the family. Exterior medium blue (I can check the paint code) and interior is dark blue. All shipping will be at actual cost and I'll try to be as fair as I can on the parts. Car is located in zip 27284 (middle of NC). I'll work with any one needing digital photos on the parts too. Parts such as trailing arms or sway bars may require a bit of time as I'm still not able to do lots of manual labor at this point. Thanks!! Stan

Can we assume the car can't be sold "as is"? What is wrong with it?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I could sell it as is. The car has been setting b/c I started a heater core replacement and could not get it done. I was working full time and putting in a ton of hours so I didn't finish getting it buttoned back up (gave up). I use to keep the car running but have not cranked it this year. I assume it will still run, but will take an ignition switch (not key lock or cylinder), battery, fresh gas etc to get it running. I'd say safely that anyone buying would want to tow the car to their own facilities to restore it. Sad part is that I had replaced the water pump, timing chain, front cover seal and tuned it up before the heater core blew. It's all been an unfortunate turn of events....Heater core blows in cold weather, gas prices go sky high, car is "an old box", wife wanted new car, too busy to fix it myself (although I tried), mechanic wanted 600.00 to replace heater core, car only worth 1000.00 (book value at the time) etc etc....it's an ugly story! I have nothing to hide, the damage (monetary and pride) is already done and I have to accept my own failings. Will send pics or provide my telephone number to anyone genuinely interested. Send a me PM please.

Comment

Sounds like a tough turn of events but at least you did your best. Best of luck with it!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Does it have a clock delete plate?

Comment

Sorry for the poor responses and thank you all for the PM's. I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks. "Neums", no sir, the car I have has the clock/day/date in the dash.

Comment

I am looking for the rear sway bar in particular. Is there one available from this car?
                Thanks!

Comment

Does this car still have a VV 2-bbl carb on it? Looking for the transmission TV rod and all related linkage parts. Thanks!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'm just down here in Columbia, Sc - not that far from you. Still interested in selling the whole vehicle as-is?
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                      I'm just down here in Columbia, Sc - not that far from you. Still interested in selling the whole vehicle as-is?
                      I believe he's overcoming some health issues. Responses are slow.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

How is the trunk lid? I am looking for a good used trunk lid for my 91 Crown Vic. Any dents or rust/rot on the trunk lid ?
                        How is the bottom part where the chrome moulding goes on? Any rust on that that area? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X