1975 Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1975 Ford Maverick

Hey so I picked up something new today, I think you guys might get a kick out of it. The writeup from the craigslist ad sums it up pretty well:

"Fuel Injected 5.0 302 conversion
    Has Trick Flow Twisted Wedge cylinder heads with 1.6 stud mount roller rockers and ARP head bolts Ford Racing E-cam
    GT-40 upper and lower intake
    24lb injectors with meter
    Hooker headers with H-pipe and turbo mufflers
    Power steering
    Aluminum radiator has small leak
    Electric fan
    Ford Racing plug wires
    Battery in trunk
    255lph fuel pump
    Sn95 alternator
    Has 5 speed T5 trans from 1993 mustang shifts perfect with adjustable cable/quadrant setup Has front disc brake conversion
    Weld Draglite wheels front and back 5 lug With BFG drag radials on back
    8" rear with newer posi and 3.80 gears
    Newer struts and shocks with traction bars on rear leafs
    Small rear bumper conversion already done also comes with all parts for front small bumper swap.
    Has 1967 caprice tail lights with sequencer kit so lights blink from inside to out."

It has some rust issues, but is solid where it counts. It came with 2 fenders, a hood, and front bumper.

This is easily the fastest car I've ever been in, the guy claimed it was 12 second car, and I'm inclined to believe that, the thing scares me, but I like it.

Lots of future plans for it!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2787.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	1302757Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2790.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1302758Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2797.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1302759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1302760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2800.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1302761Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1302762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7213.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1302763
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Power windows?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah the owner before the last did most of the work, including putting in power windows, I'm not complaining, it's nice to not have to unbuckle in order to roll down the passenger side. Controls are a little chinsy though
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

That 302 is shoehorned in there

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice house.

Comment

I had a few Mavericks and Comets. Basic bread and butter cars. Remember when they were selling new for $1,919. Stripped. Yours looks good. Has the front suspension been beefed up ? They were pretty weak.

Comment

I love it.....my first car was a '70 Maverick, in-line six with a three on the tree.

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thanks!
                  The engine is really tight in there.
                  That's my neighbors house actually, it is nice, they had it updated inside and out.

Pretty sure the springs are original, they are rather soft...lol. But it rides really nicely on the highway

Going to work on removing the insanely dark tint, and rip the carpet out to dry it out and fix some water leaks today before meeting up with the family!
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    That 302 is shoehorned in there
                    My dad still mentions from time to time changing plugs on his '73 Mav with a 302.
                    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Cool. Looks like the power window parts are from a Bronco II. I think they used switches very similar to that anyway.

Planning to put in AC, or an AC bypass pulley? Looks out of place with that compressor going nowhere.

Those Caprice tails actually look pretty good in there. Certainly better than the stock ones.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

John came over today, he mentioned the switches appeared to be from a bronco as well.. We messed with the throttle and TPS, runs better now. Probably going to get a quarter horse and tune it.

As much as I like having A/C, I think the money is better spent in other areas at this point, like heat lol. Is there a way to run the belt in which I can eliminate it all together with no bypass pulley?
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, this is gonna be a WICKED project. Love how despite packing a 5.0 HO underhood, it still looks relatively plain. E-cam+HO 5.0 means lots of high RPM power- highway roll races anyone?

Blacked out rear fascia and taillight housing is badass. Reminds me of the '70 Cyclone Spoiler GT. Amazed at how nice the interior is. It's a bit dusty, but I don't see any scuffs, rips, or anything. VERY impressive for a car of its age, let alone intended function when stock (appliance). Doesn't look like it needs much- some fresh primer and paint here and there, some weatherstripping fixing/water leak fixing, and she'll be a wicked little hot rod!
                          Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-27-2014, 08:04 PM. Reason: Added some context
                          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            John came over today, he mentioned the switches appeared to be from a bronco as well.. We messed with the throttle and TPS, runs better now. Probably going to get a quarter horse and tune it.

As much as I like having A/C, I think the money is better spent in other areas at this point, like heat lol. Is there a way to run the belt in which I can eliminate it all together with no bypass pulley?
                            Probably. You'd have to look up belt routing diagrams. That looks like Fox accessory stuff. If it is, you can do it fairly easy.

If it has one of those calibrated MAF things, those can be funny. It sounds goofy, but try rotating the MAF to see if it runs better in one position than another. The Mustang guys call this "clocking" the MAF. Apparently with aftermarket air plumbing, it can cause odd turbulance in the airflow and sometimes you get better behavior with it turned one way rather than another.
                            Last edited by gadget73; 11-27-2014, 09:41 PM.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice!!!

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X