1975 Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Thinking about installed sound deadening, but don't want to spend the money...
    I just bought a couple of rolls of this for the $300 Townie, and started putting it in the trunk.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/USEAL-USA...2AF6/202086180

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326...1018733&rpp=32

I bought the home depot version.

Some people recommend against using it on the roof in a hot climate, but I have some on the underside of the hood on my wagon that's been there for a few years and it's fine.
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

i've used the home depot version to deaden a turntable. Worked pretty well.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        i've used the home depot version to deaden a turntable. Worked pretty well.
        I should probably have waited for warmer weather, but I already had everything out of the trunk. I figured I'd go ahead and do the area above the fuel tank, while I was already sitting there.

It turns out this stuff is very forgiving when it's 35 degrees out.
        It sticks well enough once you apply some pressure, but you can move it around a bit.
        It was summer when I put some on the hood of my wagon. The stuff seemed to bond instantly to whatever it touched, whether you wanted it to or not.
        Granted that was a different brand.
        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that stuff guys- I'm definitely going to put some in!

UPDATES- Car is drivable, but hasn't been on the road yet. Installed a new MOOG control arm in the front that I painted

I put the hood, front bumper, bumper insert, and front valence on, reassembled some of the interior, and removed some rust spots and protected them with primer/paint. The windshield is ready to go in, i'm just building up the nerve to install it.

This is SO CLOSE to getting on the road, I'm getting excited and a little impatient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3283.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1277270Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3296.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1277271

Name:	IMG_3433.jpg
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1277269
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

shiny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There goes the neighborhood. Going to be sad to see that windshield break

Remove the chrome strips from the sides ASAP.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice work!!!

Packman

Comment

Wow I have not updated this in forever!

Since the spring I've driven the car over 3,400 miles. I found out my rear carrier was cracking in half...so I bought a new one that can handle up to 500 or so HP. I went from 3.80 to 3.55's, which made it far more streetable, especially in first gear. I also made a nice wall ornament from the old gears!

John and I have been constantly fiddling with the tune, and I've knocked down 25-27MPG on the highway going over 70MPH, several times. 1" rear wheel adapters helped with some rubbing issues and gave it a more aggressive stance.

I installed a 1" solid steel mustang sway bar in the front, which made a huge difference over the stock 11/16" bar. New magnaflow mufflers made it sound much better, more aggressive. Not sure if i mentioned installing cats and passing emissions, but that was done as well.

I hope to do some body work this winter and take car of the rust in the rear.

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1278352Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0308.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1278353Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1278354Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1278355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4436.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1278357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4445.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1278358
                  Attached Files
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I thought 75 was the last year those had no cats from the factory, I know that's the case with the Mustang. Some state's laws are so stupid, having to smog a '75 model.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Alas, 75 was the first year with cats, for the 6 cylinders only (and mine was a 6 cylinder) HC's have to be below 300PPM, and I would not have passed without them
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I see. I was thinking if I wanted a Mustang II, 75 would be the year to get since it was modified from the 74 m.y. to fit the 302 and it didn't have cats so it'd be emissions exempt. Not that it'd matter around here, I've had vehicles a lot newer than that without cats and have passed a highway patrol inspection, they don't check for that here. I'm not gonna take them out of my Lincoln, but if the cats go bad, they won't be replaced.

Do you have any videos of your car with the turbo mufflers? I'd get a cheap set of Thrush Turbos for my car if my cats ever went bad, to keep it mellow. I realize mine would be much quieter, but still.

Comment

NJ is goofy with smog. Even on pre-cat stuff you have to pass some limit. Don't know what it is but when I had the VW with it's clapped out carbs it wouldn't do it.

Whats the rear in that, 8" ?
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can check to see if i have any videos, it was obnoxiously loud, and the one was falling apart inside. It didn't sound bad per say (aside from the rattling metal sound), but the magnaflows made it sound REALLY mean.

I probably would have slapped cats on it anyway, the raw exhaust fumes were annoying, especially when it was untuned. If it was a 74 the standard would have been as high as 500PPM for the hydrocarbons, vs 300.

The rear is an 8", some people will put 9" rears in these cars, but you have to be putting out some serious power to need one with the right upgrades to the 8".
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea what those numbers mean, it's a foreign language to me. I'm so glad we don't have to deal with all that, and if Kansas ever does adopt it, I'll be moving to Texas or something.

Comment

So did you get just gears and carrier, or a whole complete and already set up 3rd member for a simple drop-in install?

Also, have you done something about your rear springs? I recall you had some issue carrying passengers a few months ago... LOL
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X