getting close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting close!

Finally located some good front bumpers in Arizona and Texas for my '86 Tudor GM, now it boils down to which has the best chrome.....my bumper is fine, save for the worn away chrome...............so now it's 'a vetting we shall go'

Get pictures before you buy. Many areas of Arizona have very hot dry weather. Parts get sand blasted and plastic gets warped from the heat. Hope you snag a good deal. Greyhound can be another choice for shipping.

Comment

Bumper in Arizona is in Phoenix.
      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Get pictures before you buy. Many areas of Arizona have very hot dry weather. Parts get sand blasted and plastic gets warped from the heat. Hope you snag a good deal. Greyhound can be another choice for shipping.

Comment

Still. Could be sand blasted just from being outside.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I asked for close up pictures
          Originally posted by sly View Post
          Still. Could be sand blasted just from being outside.

Comment

The best thing about Phoenix is the airport. What a hot nasty city. Hopefully quality car parts can be found there.

Comment

Congrats!

How bad is your current bumpers?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Ten years ago I replaced the rear which had the standard rust hole through it, the replacement bumper came from Phoenix (Deer Valley Auto Parts), my front bumper is perfect.....save for the worn away chrome on the top, but like most here, I am anal, and want to see chrome on my bumpers
                Originally posted by slack View Post
                Congrats!

How bad is your current bumpers?

Comment

I'm not anal. as long as the car runs and isn't a rust bucket... I'm fine with it. Beater gonna beat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yea but "beater be beat" with shiny chrome would be "more better"
                    I'm not anal. as long as the car runs and isn't a rust bucket... I'm fine with it. Beater gonna beat.

Comment

nah... I prefer my cars functional over looking good. Good thief deterrent. They look at the "pile" and keep steppin. No clue that there's a nice system hiding in it.

Comment

Wow reminds me of the '79 LTD I had.......things got so bad here I had to drill a hole in my fender with a hole saw....run a super heavy duty chain through it, and close it up with a Hurd lock.......all to keep the junkies from continuing to steal my battery!......there was a time that I removed the battery every night, and brought it back to the car in a shopping cart the next time I had to use the car.....that got old, so i had to drill the fender! Eventually the trans and engine died, sad to say I abandoned the car on the mean streets of NYC, I did pull the plates first, it took NYC sanitation three weeks to tow it out, with a sheet pot of parking tickets under the wiper arm
                        nah... I prefer my cars functional over looking good. Good thief deterrent. They look at the "pile" and keep steppin. No clue that there's a nice system hiding in it.

Comment

Can't the parking tickets be traced back to you ? Just taking the plates off will not prevent someone running the vin.
                          Hope your license is not suspended for failure to pay.
                          Of course you are in NY. Life is very different there.. My life began in Flushing, Queens NY

Comment

Tom one of my best friends from college lived at 144-70 41st Aveneu!........I also dated a woman who lived near the LIRR station, not Main Street, the other one, name escapes me.
                            The car was reg-gied out of state, and as it was old they just removed it...I hated to do that, but I was looking at thousands of dollars for a rebuilt trans (FMX) and engine.
                            Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            Can't the parking tickets be traced back to you ? Just taking the plates off will not prevent someone running the vin.
                            Hope your license is not suspended for failure to pay.
                            Of course you are in NY. Life is very different there.. My life began in Flushing, Queens NY

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                              Ten years ago I replaced the rear which had the standard rust hole through it, the replacement bumper came from Phoenix (Deer Valley Auto Parts), my front bumper is perfect.....save for the worn away chrome on the top, but like most here, I am anal, and want to see chrome on my bumpers
                              When you get the new bumper, I'd disassemble it and put some rust protection in the inside of it. I painted my front one while I had it disassembled over the summer. I did the rear too but used plastic dip around a year ago (Probably the worst thing I could have used). I would like to take them off again, sand the inside down and POR-15 the crap out of the inside. These big bumpers are snow/salt traps and it's just about salt season here in NY.

Wow reminds me of the '79 LTD I had.......things got so bad here I had to drill a hole in my fender with a hole saw....run a super heavy duty chain through it, and close it up with a Hurd lock.......all to keep the junkies from continuing to steal my battery!......there was a time that I removed the battery every night, and brought it back to the car in a shopping cart the next time I had to use the car.....that got old, so i had to drill the fender! Eventually the trans and engine died, sad to say I abandoned the car on the mean streets of NYC, I did pull the plates first, it took NYC sanitation three weeks to tow it out, with a sheet pot of parking tickets under the wiper arm
                              Tom one of my best friends from college lived at 144-70 41st Aveneu!........I also dated a woman who lived near the LIRR station, not Main Street, the other one, name escapes me.
                              The car was reg-gied out of state, and as it was old they just removed it...I hated to do that, but I was looking at thousands of dollars for a rebuilt trans (FMX) and engine.
                              Damn. I have a coworker that lives by Flushing Queens. I don't know if it's still the case but back when Shea Stadium was still around the junk yards over there were still run by the mob (Even out here I feel like they have to be!) and they stripped parts they need from cars parked on the street in the area. I feel like he told me this story more recently than 5 years ago so maybe it's even with Citi Field being there now. I know the city wanted to push out all the junk yards over there a while ago.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X