Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 200,000 miles bad on my 03 grand marquis

I had my grand marquis for 5 years and I bought it at 31,000 miles

Miles are just a number. I've seen 50k mile cars that were beat to death and abused, and I've seen 250k mile cars that were well maintained and cared for. If you've owned it for 169k miles and still feel good about it, that's awesome. Keep on driving it.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
    Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

my stepson recently put some tires on a 500k taxi. So it depends on the car.

Like that gold paint.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Dear Panthers,

At the used car auctions, program(lease) cars command a premium over one owner low mileage turn-em-over-every-three-years because the leasershave to do the maintenance. The shooting brake has 350k (250 on a rebuilt engine) and I change oil every 2/3000 miles.

Donald

Comment

Nearly all of the whales (98+ Crown Vics/Grand Marqs) and many of the aeros (92-97 Crown Vics and Grand Marqs) I've seen in junkyards have mileage 250,000 or higher. Miles don't mean nearly as much as maintenance, warm/cool cycles, and winters. Winters are the big killer around here, with road salt eating cars away around the 15-20-year-old mark. My old hatchback went to the junkyard with 125,000 miles and a strong engine because of frame rot. If you take care of it and can keep the rust at bay, there's nothing wrong with that.

Welcome to the party! Loving the gold paint, by the way.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
          - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
          1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
          1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
          I'll make it fit.
          I own hammers.

Comment

keep driving.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I don't normally look at the mileage on my cars except when I anticipate oil change time. As Scotty said, "keep driving"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

highway miles are easy miles. If it's all highway miles... meh... nothing to worry about.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Keep on truckin'.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm new up here

Comment

As long as it's maintained, you're good.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome! Do you travel a lot for work?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

Working...
                          X