No announcement yet.

Wagon Shock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering some kybs, Whats the part number for the fronts and rears? Is it different for the wagons and sedans? Amazon says its KG4515 for the front, but just want to make sure.
    Last edited by piranah; 12-31-2014, 04:26 PM.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
    1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
    88 CVLX
    01 Marquis

Comment

Sedan cargo coils, but yes. Definitely a firm ride. When I had the gas-a-justs in the rear it rode great with the 200# and was very smooth and not harsh at all. I don't know about the Isuzu shock though.

Piranah: I'm using the police shocks up front. Only one shock for the rear.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

For the wagons, is it just as difficult to get the rear ones done?

Previously:
        88 CVLX
        01 Marquis

Comment

pretty much.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Sedan cargo coils, but yes. Definitely a firm ride. When I had the gas-a-justs in the rear it rode great with the 200# and was very smooth and not harsh at all. I don't know about the Isuzu shock though.

Piranah: I'm using the police shocks up front. Only one shock for the rear.
            Same setup. Moog CC817 Cargo Coils in the rear, Moog 8652 Heavy Duty in the front with Gas-A-Justs all around. I can confirm that my car also rides like a truck.

I also keep probably a few hundred pounds of tools and stuff in my trunk at all times. I don't know if I've ever run my current set up with an empty trunk before... That said, some bad roads can be pretty harsh around here.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I've been amazed at how well the MonoMax shocks in the rear soak up road construction gravel roads around here. I have the stock springs up front with the police shocks. It works very well, but yeah... truck.

Comment

For my 88 Colony Park, I put in Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks all around. Though the station wagon springs are the ones who make up the ride, the Sensa-Tracs stopped the pitching it was having. The ride is nice and smooth now, smoother than my 90 Crown Vic sedan with KYBs in front and Sensa-Tracs in the rear. The Colony Park is the low-mileage car (148,000 miles); the Crown Vic is the daily driver (almost 450,000).

Comment

I'll try the kybs. It feels like I'm driving a bucking bronco down anything remotely bumpy.

Previously:
                  88 CVLX
                  01 Marquis

Comment

I have the standard Motorcraft rear shocks in the back of my 91 Colony Park. I really like them - it made the car a lot smoother in the rear.

When the yellow painted shocks on my 87 Colony Park give out, I'll install these.

Air shocks are FIRM.
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                    X