Heater controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater controls

Has anyone swapped in the later aero towncar style heater controls with the screen, into a box?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

You mean the EATC ones? That would be a hell of a lot of work.

It's been done on later model cars, but I don't think anyone's tried it on a box (besides for the mod box, but that doesn't really count).

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/eatcswap/index.html
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You'd need to swap out the plenum assembly to start with. The later ones use an electronic blend door servo vs the vacuum one or the cable drive that boxes had. It probably gets more complicated from there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Might be feasible on a 90/91 that originally had ATC, but otherwise I'd say no. The one thing I know is the electronic units still use vacuum for the vent selection, but electric for temperature.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

thats something I'm honestly a bit surprised they never changed. It may have been cheaper to keep the vacuum though. Getting halfway precise control over a blend door with those vacuum servos really just didn't work, but an all or nothing door like the air doors is no problem.

On the subject of controlling the blend door, I've wondered if its worth making some effort to reduce friction in that thing. Maybe something as simple as polishing the shaft where it goes through the box, and maybe fitting a teflon or similar bushing in there to help it rotate smoothly. I don't know if that would actually get the ATC to control more accurately, but I'd have to think that anything that makes the door less sticky in its travel would have to help. No way in hell would I pull the box out to do that, but if I had it out already to rebuild it, it would be worth considering. Of course I didn't think of it until way after I had put mine back together.
          Last edited by gadget73; 12-16-2014, 05:34 PM.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X