Help needed in Richmond, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed in Richmond, VA

I have a 90 Colony Park wagon that I want to do the explorer intake, GT40 heads and mustang cam swap on. I have all parts including the mark 7 ecm, mustang injectors, larger throttle body with flipped linkage and lighting egr spacer.

I have the engine disassembled down to the short block and ready for reassembly. I am looking for some help on this.

Does anyone have any interest? Ill gladly pay you for your time.

Thanks,

Ryan

Just an FYI you'll want a low axle ratio and a custom tune if you want to have good off the line power, the HO cam doesn't have a lot of low end for a heavy wagon with an automatic. My 87 LX had a T5 with 2.73 gears, it was a lot lighter than a wagon but still didn't have a lot of off the line power, so if I were you I'd gear it with 3.73 minimum.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Its a 3.55 with trac loc factory. I am not looking for a rocket. Just more than stock with all factory for parts.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

if that's a mass-air computer you have, you shouldn't have any issues. The speed density computers though might have issues with GT40 heads and intake. They usually do fine with E7 heads and regular HO intake. May do fine with the GT40 heads if it's an HO intake instead of the tubular GT40 intake. Speed density sometimes can't keep up with the higher flow of the GT40 heads. There's also the option of using 20 or 21# injectors to compensate for the better air flow to avoid detonation. Mass air version can handle it though and can be tuned. Still haven't seen anyone/thing able to tune a speed density computer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Swap is done. Running real good. Still on speed density.

Comment

Great, good job mang

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
            X