Box with flip out touchscreen radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box with flip out touchscreen radio?

Anyone driving a box year with a flip out single din stereo that doesn't hit the dash?
    I had a pioneer one that cleared, but didn't have the GPS, Bluetooth features I wanted.
    I tried a boss and Pyle units which have the features but hit the dash trim when trying to open fully
    Anyone ?

Since the mounting kits make it where the mount is recessed in the hole, I don't see how you could mount it cleanly and out the extra half inch needed to not hit the dash trim. I've got the flattest dash I've seen of any box and I don't see it happening without modifying the mount to stick out of the radio hole some.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If you put it where it belongs, it hits.

You could move it to where the HVAC controls are but then it might hit the controls for that.

I have no problem with it sitting just like it is, I know there is a member on CVN(probably here too) that put a double DIN in the dash of a box. That requires some "trimming" of the part that goes around it.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Ok I need to figure something out since with the 90 I have the trim above the radio interferes

Comment

It seems like modifying the radio to move out to the distance you need is the best choice. It may require a bit of patience and may not look bad when done.

Comment

Working...
          X