No announcement yet.

'03 Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job... and nice solder station. I wish I had a desoldering tip for my weller. One of these days.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks! I didn't change tips like I should have so it left burn marks on the board around the resistors. I didn't take a pic of that. If I were to do it at home I'd be using my cheap $15 iron. If I can do it at work I will just to use that station.

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

Took some pics of the truck Monday at work. Sunday I washed the salt off of it. I'll get more interior pics.

Passenger bedside

Drivers bedside

The tailgate handle and bezel should be in tomorrow. If I get it before I leave for work I'll bring it and put it on there.

'93 T-bird
        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
        '88 Mark VII
        '86 CV

Comment

Had the stepper motor for the engine temp take a crap tonight. FML. Just had that all apart too.

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

That's a GM truck, they do things you're just not ready for.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I kinda knew it was gonna happen. But I wasn't sure when. It's a known problem on the gm trucks and suvs from 99-06.

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Mine being a final year GMT400 (410 to be exact) I haven't had that problem, just a lot of others. The joys of owning old cars and trucks, gotta love it.

Comment

Attempted to install an RDS radio I got from a '00 venture at the junkyard. Ended in failure. May go back tomorrow and get one from an '03 and up gm.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

Since my last update quite a bit was done to the truck. The first week of Feb I bought a new stereo and an Ultragauge. The stereo is a Sony XAV-602BT. A week after that the fuel pump took a crap. I also had to replace the fuel lines from the tank to the engine. Also the filler neck was replaced and I did an oil change on it this past friday.

The ultragauge

The ultra gauge is pretty sweet. You can set up to 8 pages worth of different engine vitals, it tells you if its in open or closed loop, you can check engine codes and erase them and other stuff. I've had it over a month and I really like having it. Here's a link:http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

I thought about getting the scangauge but I didn't like how primitive it looked.

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

Radio looks very nice!
                      1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Thanks! I really enjoy it. I'm looking to get a galaxy S3 so I can do the mirror link on it. The s4 doesn't support it. Gotta get tires first. I'm down to the wear bars.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

Been a while since I've done much of anything. Bought some new shit kickers:

Got them off Craigslist for $200 with the tires. They came off a '99 escalade. 1 is missing a centercap.

Still to come is a center floor console and escalade gauge cover.

'93 T-bird
                          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                          '88 Mark VII
                          '86 CV

Comment

Throw some Blizzak's on the stock wheels and you're set for winter. That's what I'm gonna do with my stock Lincoln wheels when I get it running, also with my wife's van it's getting junkyard steelies for winter.

Comment

That's the plan. I got my fiancee a set of used winter tires and it definately helped her car this past year. I've got to find a set of rims for either set of tires so I don't have to keep paying someone to mount and balance tires.

'93 T-bird
                              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                              '88 Mark VII
                              '86 CV

Comment

Yeah that's a must if you want to switch between winter and all season tires. Also isn't good on the tire bead to mount and remount several times.

The tires on my wife's van are wearing unevenly, need to get it aligned before I mount new tires. I can still get at least another year out of the current tires if I switch to winter tires, then I'll only need to buy one more set of all seasons for it in it's lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X