Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build a bullet-proof 1995-Aero?

Given a $20,000-$25,000 budget

How would you build a 500 HP bulletproof 1995 Aero?

Looking for ideas, plan on making a sleeper/show car.

Don't bother throwing money into the stock engine. Swap in a DOHC 4.6 and build that up.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

500 crank or wheel hp?

Comment

Slap a mild built 460 into it
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

swap in a supercharged Coyote with FRPP's stand-alone Control module and put a trans controller on a beefed up trans.

big brake swap of course and poly bushings all around... EBC pads and rotors if available... Willwood possibly... some kind of slotted rotor to keep the pads clean for good stopping power.

Drive shaft done by Dennys Driveshaft, and a diff girdle. Maybe swap in 31 spline axles and trac-lok carrier. Springs and shocks to preference and an alignment and go.

This is what I would do to my 93 if I could... but yeah... would take all of that $20-25K to get it done.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            500 crank or wheel hp?
            Good point looking for a magic number of 450 - 500 RWHP.

Already thinking about a custom driveshaft and diff, a built up 4r70w transmission, using a transmission cooler and oil cooler from a p71, running silicon hose all around for longevity (hose candy for looks and leak prevention). Looking to use a built short block, overstroked, overbored to 5.3l. Probably gonna do a centrifugal supercharger with an intercooler, high performance e-fan and alternator with a decoupler pulley, lightweight pulleys. Any other recommendations?

Comment

Look up rocketcouch (ADTR's 92 Crown Victoria). Basically do that (though rumor has it that it's over 700HP now). Maybe smaller supercharger and complimentary components, but that's basically what you're going for.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

To be honest I think the current Coyotes or GT350R engines make like 475 I thought? That sounds like the way I'd go.

Comment

Working...
                X