1966 428 Galaxie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1966 428 Galaxie!

Has anybody ever even seen one of these? Holy crapola...

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/4854607803.html

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

I believe the 428 produced more around 410hp from the factory. 345hp might be what they "advertised"
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Love it

Comment

In 1966 Ford offered the "7 litre" Galaxie, which is very rare because few were ordered and it did come with a 428.
        All the 7 Litre Galaxie's came standard with buckets and console. So unless the seats have been changed, that is not a 7 Litre Galaxie. But the 428 could be ordered on regular Galaxie's, this car maybe one of the few that came this way?
        http://www.7litre.org/forsale.html

Comment

I will never understand why people put those teeny little air cleaners on things. Those don't move any appreciable amount of air. Way to go with the horsepower restrictor.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

probably fine on a lopo though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had a 428/C-6 in a 68 Ford XL. Had the bucket seats and console I also had one of the last 428 / C-6 68 2 door T Birds. Both were excellent cars. Had both of them in the 70s and 80s. Wish I still had them ! $$$$

Comment

Here's what seems to be a good read on this car from Hemmings- http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...feature14.html
                These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  probably fine on a lopo though.
                  dunno, I have an air compressor at work with two about that size, and I've seen that size air cleaner on riding mowers in the 10-15 hp range before. Big air filters also mean less frequent changes. I'm all about that.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 on not changing as often.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My best friend's dad owns a 7 Litre Galaxie. 428, what I assume is a C6, console shift, red on red convertible. Gorgeous car.

That car appears to be, at least, not a factory "7 litre" package car. It may have come with a factory 428, but I'd say a swap at some point is more likely. Still probably a lot of fun.

The only thing with FE block cars (428, 390, 352, etc) is that performance parts, including stroker kits and good cylinder heads, are so cheap for the much lighter and more reliable small blocks that an FE block engine will make poor power for the money and weight involved.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                      X