31 spline axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 spline axles

I plan on ponying up and running 31 spline Trac-Lok with carbon discs, and 3.55 rear gears. All new parts from Ford Racing.

Obviously I'll need a 5 lug 31 spline rear axle. Found these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/moser-...axle-7993.html

Can I run my current wheels (16 inch CVPIs with 245 width tires) with these rear axles without any issues?
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

They are the wrong length you would have to have them make a set same except longer. They would need demensions from your axles. They are about the only place that would make you a set
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
      They are the wrong length you would have to have them make a set same except longer. They would need demensions from your axles. They are about the only place that would make you a set
      Ah shoot. I was a bit skeptical myself, seeing as how Fox vs Panther platform differences are numerous. I also got to reading about differentials, and there's a break-in period. No hard driving for 500 miles? Eff that. I've got limited time to enjoy my car in the nice weather.

So I'll pursue a contingent objective of 3.55 rear gears. I'll buy those, and some other stuff off LincolnLarry when the time comes in Ebyt's build.

Case closed!
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

PM lincolnlarry, he had a set made up.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You want a towncar limo rear. They are 31 spline. 90s stuff with the rear drums has what you want. factory 3.55 limited slip as well.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 88 would love a limo rear... truck axle with panther mounts. mmmmm... tasty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X