1995 mercury grand marquis ls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 mercury grand marquis ls

Hello, i would like to show you my Mercury, it is from 1995 and was brought to Poland (Europe) from Kanada in 2012, i bought it in November 2014, so couple of mounths ago.
    It is in good condition, rustfree, green interior and exterior has almost 170 000 km on clocks.
    actually spark plug wires needs to be change, they get cracked because of the weather i guess... i bought new on ebay yesterday and waiting for them unpatiently i hire a garage from the beggining of new month so Mercury will stay under the roof. i also have a Ford so i dont need to drive it everydayClick image for larger version

Name:	20141105_162413.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1302833Click image for larger version

Name:	20141105_162452.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1302834Click image for larger version

Name:	20141106_154840.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1302835Click image for larger version

Name:	20141106_154948.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1302836Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_132334.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1302837Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_132415.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1302838Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_132522.jpg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1302839

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4.6 V8
    1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8

Welcome and nice car! Which province of Canada did you purchase the car? Did you fly in to see it first, then buy it?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

as i said i bought this car couple of months ago, from second owner in Poland (i am third). My knowledge about car past isn't large, i know that first owner had a family in Canada, and he brought car to Poland at the beggining of 2012. Each previous owners had the car about one year and then i purchase it.

Car still has original red turn lights, which is illigal in Poland (what a bull***t law.. by the way) and i need to modify tail lights. this is the case that i really dont like
      Last edited by wojtekrobert; 01-29-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Sweet '95! The center caps look great on these cars. Looks like it's managed to escape rust so far, more or less.

I'm pretty sure the stock taillights use a dual-filament bulb for turn signal and brake lights, so installing euro-spec taillights may be tricky. I haven't found any replacement housings online that would provide amber turn signals, but that might just be because I'm in the US.

What kind of Ford do you have?

1995 Grand Marquis GS
        - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
        1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
        1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
        I'll make it fit.
        I own hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by wojtekrobert View Post
          Car still has original red turn lights, which is illegal in Poland (what a bull***t law.. by the way) and i need to modify tail lights. this is the case that i really dont like
          I've got the wiring manual for my '97, which should be pretty similar to your '95. I'll see if there is a way to separate the turn signal feeds from the brake light feed. This conversion will probably require some wiring on your end to work. If anything, you'll also probably need to wire in a stand-alone flasher since the LCM won't like only having one bulb up front and one in the rear. The standalone flasher is fairly simple compared to trying to separate the light feeds.

Also, to go to amber signals in the rear once the feeds are separated, I know of two options:
          1.) Use the reverse light housings and put in a amber bulb. You will lose the reverse lights, but it's a small price to pay on this swap.
          2.) Use a good amber LED bulb on the outer most position on the taillight (I say good because it needs to be reasonably bright to be seen, cheap ones don't work for crap). The amber LED will still show up amber through the red lens.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I have Ford Scorpio, it has got "American look", but it was introduced only in europe, some photos here if you want to see http://moto.pl/MotoPL/56,88389,17298...idzisz,,3.html i will add photo of mine tomorrow

i considerd both options, and actually i am more convinced to use reverse lights as a turn lights, and put under the bumper extra reverse light and one anti-fog light. I want to avoid big interference into electricity. So powerfull led bulbs aren't available in Poland as well.
            Both of your Mercury looks cool!!

Btw, how can i make my signature picture bigger? every picture i upload on the page become so small as you can see in my signature

Comment

Somebody in my town has a Merkur XRT4, which I believe is related to the Scorpio. Around here people would probably think it has a 'European look', but I can see it being less European than others.

I shrink my pictures to around 600 pixels wide, then upload them to Photobucket and put the IMG link in my signature. I haven't had much luck trying to upload pictures directly to the forum.

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
              I own hammers.

Comment

Hot damn! Digidash + CVPI center caps + deleted trim rings = win. I see so many beat to shit aero Grand Marqs in your color where I live, it's almost surreal seeing one in such good shape. Look at that clearcoat! Also neat how the dash pad and steering wheel are color coordinated with the exterior (body) color. Any go-fast upgrades planned?
                Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 01-29-2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: Added some context
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I didn't notice the digidash, just the electronic HVAC controls. Nice!

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                  I own hammers.

Comment

I might have something regarding the taillights. I'll be scanning in the diagrams later on in the day. It there might be some trial and error, since its fairly uncommon to do a swap like this.

My Cars:
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Merkur XRT4 is in some way related to Scorpio, but it is based on Ford Sierra, which is related to Scorpio as well. Wide long red tail light and sedan body give Scorpio an "American look" in Europe, but still it has only the same doors handle like MGM and Ford CV and nothing else.

thanks rezwrrd for an idea, i will try to put photo correctly into my signature

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141106_154919.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1276987 DIGIDASH
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20141123_141618.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1276988 and my Mercury after washing and waxing

i will do more photos, when spring and summer will come, because now i even do not have desire to go outside because there is cold and ugly weather, i got sick because of that.

HVAC - you mean automatic climatisation panel?

About upgrades, in future i would like to buy original MGM hub caps like on this photo Click image for larger version

Name:	full-1996-Mercury-Grand-Marquis_6185_1.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1276989
                      and i would like to have the same wires with white circle, it gives a lot on "+" if its going about general look of the car But to be honest i didnt find yet full set of this hub caps on ebay
                      And after thinking i don't want to change anything else, just want to keep car in good condition and original setup, have you got any ideas what can i upgrade?
                      I need to buy new trunk panel/tail light, because mine has got some scratches, somebody tampered in this... You can see on the photos that something is glued on there, two red strips.

Kodachrome Wolf, could you explain easier for me this what you wrote? It is hard for me to understand the sense.

And by the way, sorry if there is some mistakes in this how i write, English language isn't my native language but i am doing my best!!
                      Last edited by wojtekrobert; 01-30-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Okay, so here's the scans regarding the circuitry to be looking at at separating your brake and turn signal feeds:

Idea of Diagram for Signal/Brake feed separation:

Drawing off these diagrams, the primary focus probably needs to be on circuit 511 (Light Green). It looks like the multifunction switch (MFS) allows for it to feed through so that when the signal is activated on the car, it disables the brake light feed on that side so the light will flash. If its feed is removed from the MFS, only the high mount brake light should work when the brakes are pressed and the turn signals should remain functional.

To get the signal feeds up to where you want it (in this case you said you were leaning towards the reverse light housings), take circuits 9 (Light Green/Orange) and 5 (Orange/Light Blue) in the trunk (just pull back the carpeting around the taillights and follow the wires down; I'll include additional photos later), and cut them, then add wiring to each and run up to the trunk deck and to the reverse light housings. Since the feed is now there, it'll be up to you how to deal with the reverse circuit, should you want to just use the existing socket and cut the reverse feed and use the new signal feed there instead.

To get your brake lights functional, run wires down from the high mount stop light (circuit 511 - Light Green) and bring them down on each side of the trunk and tap back into where you cut circuits 9 (LG/O) and 5 (O/LB).

Now, this is all theory, but might work. If anyone else has thoughts on this, feel free to shout out so we can help OP.

My Cars:

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure HVAC stands for heater, vent, and air conditioning, but I like the way you say it better.

I have a set of those hubcaps with all of the parts and the key for the locking hubs. I have no idea what a fair price would be, but I'll bet the international shipping is outrageous. I could round up all the parts to weigh them and take pictures if you're interested though. There are a few pictures of them on my car in this thread: Aero degeriatrification, clothtop delete

1995 Grand Marquis GS

I'll make it fit.
                          I own hammers.

Comment

as an electrical engineer, I approve the wiring edits posted by Kodachrome Wolf. That will work perfectly to add orange/amber rear turn signals. I'd almost want to get a couple more high mount housings and fit them with the proper color LEDs and mount those on either side of the rear deck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                              Idea of Diagram for Signal/Brake feed separation:

Drawing off these diagrams, the primary focus probably needs to be on circuit 511 (Light Green). It looks like the multifunction switch (MFS) allows for it to feed through so that when the signal is activated on the car, it disables the brake light feed on that side so the light will flash. If its feed is removed from the MFS, only the high mount brake light should work when the brakes are pressed and the turn signals should remain functional.

To get the signal feeds up to where you want it (in this case you said you were leaning towards the reverse light housings), take circuits 9 (Light Green/Orange) and 5 (Orange/Light Blue) in the trunk (just pull back the carpeting around the taillights and follow the wires down; I'll include additional photos later), and cut them, then add wiring to each and run up to the trunk deck and to the reverse light housings. Since the feed is now there, it'll be up to you how to deal with the reverse circuit, should you want to just use the existing socket and cut the reverse feed and use the new signal feed there instead.

To get your brake lights functional, run wires down from the high mount stop light (circuit 511 - Light Green) and bring them down on each side of the trunk and tap back into where you cut circuits 9 (LG/O) and 5 (O/LB).
                              If i understood well - after this modification turn signals will be in reverse lights, reverse light i will have to mount somewhere, rear position lights and brake signals will work like they worked until now?
                              And i need to ask, where i will find place where you put on diagram with red dotted line "CUT HERE"? (its on the left from the point "splice here"). Could you explain to me "...take circuits 9 (Light Green/Orange)...", light green/orange -> it means color of a wire? If you will find free time can you put some photos? That would be helpful for me, but still, REALLY thank you for all this diagrams and theory!!

rezwrrd, i'm interested, are you hurry with their sales? just write me your price and i'll consider it, would be nice if you'd check amount of internation shipping, because i'm not familiar with shipping options in US. Just i know that i paid 18$ for shipping spark plug wires set, and 18$ for tax, but hubcaps are bigger and heavier, and maybe you as a private seller will have bigger price for shipping, i don't really know.

Comment

Working...
                              X