LTB: Complete Trunk Floor Panel for 88 LTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB: Complete Trunk Floor Panel for 88 LTC

I have resigned to the fact I have to put a trunk in my Lincoln this year, so I'll start looking now.
    Car is a 1988 Lincoln Town Car, base model. I have looked around online a bit for a new replacement panel but the only thing I've been able to find is the trunk weatherstripping...
    It's rusted so bad in the front of the lower part of the near where the gas tank straps attach that the gas tank actually shifts around a bit and has rubbed a hole in the tank, causing a significant fuel leak. What I need is the complete trunk floor pan, from about 3" up the vertical wall behind the tank (including the tank strap anchors) back to the boxed section where the trunk latch is located, and laterally from the outer edge of the raised sections on both sides (outboard of the body mounts/chassis). Down inside the quarter panels is still in good shape, so I'm not going to replace those sections. I have a brand new tank with fuel pump already to go in when the trunk is repaired.
    I wouldn't bother this job, except the rest of the car is in remarkable shape. The trunk was good and solid too until about 3 years ago; when the rust got into it, it never lasted any time at all before it was full of holes.
    I'm not in a hurry for this really (not meaning I'm not serious about buying a trunk) because the car is out of service and parked until at least late April/or into May depending on the weather. I won't be thinking about undertaking this job for at least another 5 months or so. Ideally, I'd like to buy the trunk pan in March and have it ready to weld in once the weather warms up.
    I'm looking for a complete trunk floor pan that is absolutely rust free. I mean like brand new. Ideally, something that has been wrote off because of a collision where the rear end of the car was unharmed. And a car from the South or Western US where there's no salt used on the roads. Though I'm in Canada, I'd rather not get one from a Canadian car because there's not many areas here that are immune to rust issues. I don't want to replace rust with rust. If you have something or know for something, send me some pictures and I'll size them up and see if it's acceptable or not, we can go from there. I'm a picky yet good customer...
    Attached Files
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I wonder what shipping would be? Also, wonder what years are actually compatible, other than box bodies.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i can get you one
      not sure how much shipping will be tho.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'm prepared to take it up the ass on the shipping. If I could get it to the Island part of Newfoundland, I can get it from there for free. Getting stuff to Labrador is generally the expensive part.
        I'm not totally sure, but I think all the box body panther trunk floors are the same. I know the Mercs had higher sterns for the different trunk lids, and the Fords had lower lift-over heights. I was looking at a 90 Crown Vic in a JY here, but the guy there said I had to buy the whole car for $800 to cut the trunk out, and it's in decent shape but not as minty as I want. That car came from Alberta originally as far as I can tell.
        I want a clean panel, or else I'll try to have something fabricated from thick sheet metal locally. That will also be expensive and not what I want...I want to do a good job with this.
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, I will need some time but, might be able to get you something. But, if someone on here has exactly what you need, don't wait up for me lol. The wreckers here does not always keep heavy cars and I wont be going for another week or so.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No worries, time is definitely on our side.
            Ideally, I'd like to buy it in March so then I can fix it in April or May anyway. Not doing anything with it now, too damn cold to even move the car to a warm garage.
            I forgot to mention in the earlier posts: I need the 4 body mounts intact as well, meaning the body mount bolts need to be removed so that I can use my bolts/rubber isolators and screw the new trunk floor to the chassis. Not just cut around the mounts...around my front mounts are really sore.

Comment

Have you checked these guys out?

http://alfaparts.net/

They have done floor panels for guys with 60s Continentals and done phenomenal work (exact reproductions with all of the weird creases, folds and bends). Don't remember what they charge, but everyone that used them seemed to think it was reasonable. You could cut your original out and send it to them and you will get back a perfect new one.
              Last edited by LithiumCobalt; 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM.
              Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
              Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
              Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
              Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

I just sent them an email, hopefully it works out.
                And being a Canadian outfit, I won't get burned on the exchange rate...lol
                I'll update once I get a reply from them.

Comment

Working...
                X