No announcement yet.

1978 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be....that making it look even better, would make it harder to sell(for you)?

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Most likely. Driving it does that too. She's turn key and go. Now that I drive a truck as a DD, stepping into and driving that is like going from sleeping on concrete to staying at a suite in a fine 1st class hotel. Then again, if someone offers me absurd cash for the thing........
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Headlights flickering on and off replace headlamp switch.....foot activated dimmer switch while I am there as well, now come to think of it, want to get my headlamp covers to move. Need two motors.... where you at Kishy Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_202733186~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1284647Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_203058153.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1284648?
        Last edited by Grand1; 09-23-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
          Headlights flickering on and off replace headlamp switch.....foot activated dimmer switch while I am there as well, now come to think of it, want to get my headlamp covers to move. Need two motors.... where you at Kishy [ATTACH=CONFIG]50929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50930[/ATTACH]?
          Ah yes, that topic.

I believe Ryan's picked up a 79 Continental which may (likely does) use the same vacuum motors.

You should also verify with one of those hand vacuum pumps that your reservoir (the big tank in the driver fender) holds vacuum. If it does, good. If it does not, investigate why, and if not repairable then replace it. It needs to be really big to successfully work in the headlight system so you can't just grab one of those small plastic ones out of a GM something-or-other.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Got up to 60F....threw on one coat of Turtle Wax.
            It looks very good if you are 10ft away. I will take it...for a 40 year old $800.00 car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181019_155856162.jpg
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1284756Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181019_155920884.jpg
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1284757
            Last edited by Grand1; 10-19-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Want to double your money? I'll give you $1,600 for it right now

Comment

Tempting as there is a crown Vic I have been ruminating about. Think I would feel that regret years down the line, though. Like when/if you sell your cherry TC.
                After the $1600 I put in it over the last two years...That's still cheap horsepower....your offer would definitely be a bro/member price. I think it may be worth very close to what I have in it.

Comment

Yeah I hear ya. I don't think I could sell that car any time soon. Nothing else I'd want to replace it with.

Comment

Well the differential went (while en route to getting headers fabricated...just a little pissed)in the Bomber and seeking the sage wisdom of Derek, I concur to put in a Mark V rear end.....I will be researching and will gladly take any additional advice.

Comment

Oh gawd, don't call me a sage haha. That's too much credit and responsibility. I'm only something like 90% sure a Mark V rear will swap in there with minimal fuss. Couldn't find anything about it on the interwebs so I'm not sure where the hell I read about it those years ago. Something to look into and hopefully the actual sages on here could help more.

Comment

Did you get rid of your barge after the rear end ate itself? (Saw the tow away pic on the '79 thread). If so, I think that only leaves two other barge owners besides myself left on this site (me, mainemantom and 82withtheneons.. probably butchered those user names )

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Nope that was the picture of it on its way to the shop. He didn't get rid of it.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                            Did you get rid of your barge after the rear end ate itself? (Saw the tow away pic on the '79 thread). If so, I think [B]that only leaves two other barge owners besides myself left on this site (me, mainemantom and 82withtheneons.. probably butchered those user names )

[/B]

Still here!

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                              Did you get rid of your barge after the rear end ate itself? (Saw the tow away pic on the '79 thread). If so, I think that only leaves two other barge owners besides myself left on this site (me, mainemantom and 82withtheneons.. probably butchered those user names )
                              I sold my barge (1975 Ford Ltd ) early this year. Don't miss it. I still come across a nos part or two in the spare parts.

Comment

Well, I was about to tear into my CV and saw the Bomber and decided to finish what I started. The 9 inch is gonna get redone. Its 28 spline, 2.5 luckly I could still read the axle tag. Will be getting the pumpkin out soon and changing it to an assembled third member with a 3.7. Need to measure my yoke, but this is gonna get done!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210427_174112.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1288955

Comment

Working...
                                X