ScottFest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya. I'm getting there as fast as I can.
    During my lunch breaks, I make the 7 minute drive over to my old apartment. I'm still renting out the garage there (because that's where all my tools and stuff are).
    I do as much as I can in 45 minutes, then head back to work to finish up the day.

I want to have it done by April 17th. It's the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glenn. It's a SCCA sanctioned fuel efficiency "race" or challenge.
    Info, here: http://www.greengrandprix.com/

And if I get this new position at work, the Marauder will most likely be done in time as well.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I plan on being there this year. My '89 should be more than ready for the trip. Definitely would like to take part in the cruise, dyno day, and junkyard run(s). May not be able to stay for the full time because the Wayne County Fair will be going on toward the tail end. Don't want to miss any of the fun times there..... I'll know if I can stay for the entire 5 days by the beginning of July.
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        I'm going to try to make it this year... looking like either the 93 or 88 will be fine for the trip, but I can only bring one. Still not sure which though. Will know more the closer we get.
        If you're coming all the way from Texas there really isn't an excuse for me not to able to make it from Michigan! Plus I just asked Scott about doing the HO swap and the price is very reasonable.. Ash and I could journey down there in our TC's and then leave one for the swap & pick it up some time later?

Derek
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I know Scott would be ok with that.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I Will be there with the Bill Blass, My friend john will be following me in his 04 Town Car Ultimate. Looking forward to another great year Mangs

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I will try to get there with my bus!
              "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
              -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I may or may not make it, this year. If I do come out I'd probably pack lighter & do so in the Mark VI 2-door. It'd be a matter of taking two vacation days and not a week as I plan on selling back 3 of my 4 weeks of vacation this year if they let me. I just want to pay everything off and be 100% debt free finally before I start hoarding parts and cash for REALLY building up the cars here.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I may make an appearence depending on how things go.
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by MattsLincoln View Post
                    I Will be there with the Bill Blass, My friend john will be following me in his 04 Town Car Ultimate. Looking forward to another great year Mangs
                    Don't do anything stupid this year... Not trying to piss off the speed shop guy or Scott.

Anywho, I will be coming of course. Barring no end of the world type circumstances. I'll be bringing Vicky. And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Don't do anything stupid this year... Not trying to piss off the speed shop guy or Scott.

Anywho, I will be coming of course. Barring no end of the world type circumstances. I'll be bringing Vicky. And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.
                      x2 Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        I know Scott would be ok with that.

-ryan s.
                        Would be great to get it done for sure. I crunched some numbers & that would be about $2K for just me to journey out there, back and then out & back again, no food or hotels or anything. I might be able to swing that but not much more, gotta do some more homework...

What happened last year?
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          What happened last year?
                          You may not want to know. It wasn't pretty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            You may not want to know. It wasn't pretty.
                            Unfortunately, I haven't been well enough to getting up there but I tend to not ask questions. People are people and there are often conflicts but since Scotty is being a gracious host I would hope all guests behave well and good times are had by all!!! Guys, we are part of a very special "club" and we are all important to the group. I can not even count the valued advice I have gotten here and treasure every fellow member. I hope everyone enjoys the company and leave being happy they came!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Google maps says it's about a 10 hour drive for me. Any Panther meet could use another Box. Let's see what the future brings.
                              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.
                                Me too.

By the way, did I leave my glasses in there? I know Scott gave them to me, but I haven't seen them since then. Not sure if I lost them at the diner, or left them in your car because I've about run out of other places to look.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X