Where Does It Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Does It Go?

On my 1987 Merc GM, from the EGR Vac part on the passenger side inner fender, there is a "yellow/beige" vac line that is broken a few inches from this part. Anyone know where it goes as I am having difficulty finding the "rest of it"! I have enclosed a photo of the part (from EBAY) so you will know the part I am referring to. Thanks....

Click image for larger version

Name:	87 GM EGR Vac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1302853

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

One goes down to the thermactor air bypass valve down at the smog pump, the other goes to the thermactor air diverter hanging up next to the valve cover. I can't remember which is which, but one is the white line and the other is the black.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Diverter sol. has light green/black wire. Bypass sol. has white red wire. Both have red also. Darn evtm manual doesn't have the vac. lines!
      sigpic
      89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        One goes down to the thermactor air bypass valve down at the smog pump, the other goes to the thermactor air diverter hanging up next to the valve cover. I can't remember which is which, but one is the white line and the other is the black.
        The line in question is either white or beige. Since it is OEM it may have been white and now, through age, heat, etc. may be beige,yellow, off white. That is the one I am talking about.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

I know which you're talking about, i just can't remember if its TAB or TAD that gets the white hose. If the black one is connected, it goes to the other one.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            I know which you're talking about, i just can't remember if its TAB or TAD that gets the white hose. If the black one is connected, it goes to the other one.
            Cool! It's on my list of projects!! Car is running well so not sure what reconnecting it will do? Just an emissions issue?? Probably won't affect MPG so it's not a big priority. Just one of those nagging things I like to set right!

Comment

it will stop up a small vacuum leak. Won't really do much you will notice, though you may hear a slightly different gurgle sound as the smog pump changes it's outlet.

Comment

Yep, vacuum leak and an emissions bump. The vacuum leak should be the only driveability change.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'll report back when I can get to it and effect the repair. Now I just need to find "the other end"!!

Comment

Working...
                  X