5.0ho swap not running right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0ho swap not running right

Heres my problem bros. A while back I gave my 90 ltc n 90 lsc to a friend to do the ho swap..being the great mechanic he is he gives me back my ltc with the mark block. So thats got me with a ho cam and e7 heads, with stock townie parts back on I have a part # for fuel injectors e59e-a2b. I believe their 14 pounders smh. With the lopo firing order. Idles fine but driving towards 40 it seems like it will fight me so I didnt push it just took it home.Last night I go to swap in my d9s computer and change to the ho firing order. Car starts but runs for like 2 seconds and dies. Any suggestions? Im thinking some fuel injector wiring shortcuts to make it run with all these mix matched parts.

Sorry if my post seems kinda off im still new to forums n tryna tell stuff sometimes dont come out like I want it. But please ask questions n give your 2 cents. Thanks

Do you have the ho parts installed, injectors, intake, egr spacer, throttle body? Did the HO run well before the swap?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yea. I got the mark block with ho cam e7 heads.I believe it still gots 14 pounders?i drove it home with stock lopo intake egr tb lopo firing order and stock tc computer. When I swapped in the d9s and switched to the 351 firing order it just cranks runs for 2 secs and dies out

Comment

You need the injectors and computer from the Mark too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So the 14 pounders would affect the car bad enough to where it wont stay running for more than a few secs? My injector part number is E59e-a2b and I believe thats 14 pounders
          Last edited by Lincolntcfan; 02-10-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Yeah. It'll run too lean.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thank you so much sly!! Just what I needed to hear!..running it around town back with lopo computer and firing order wont hurt nothing will it?? Besides fuel economy right? Or should I just hold out until I get the 19 pounders?

Comment

I'm interested to see how it runs with the lopo intake/tb and all that. I'd like to know how much difference the HO intake/tb makes, are you eventually going to switch to that or keep it lopo since it requires no mods?
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The entire ho swap was supposed to be done all at once..but u know how it goes when you give someone your precious shit and they "fix" it. Im going to do the intake tb and egr spacer..just need a few minor parts b4 I do it bro

Comment

Find out from your friend exactly what was installed on the HO motor from the old motor. If you use the original upper intake, egr spacer and throttle body you are restricting the airflow and you will lose some of the HO power. You also need the HO 19lb injectors as sly said.

You changed the computer and the firing order. The D9s is the computer from the donor Mark VII? I would double, no, triple check all that. Usually if something goes wrong, look at the last thing fixed. Maybe a pin on the computer connector did not seat correctly. Perhaps you are one off on the firing order. Correct rotation? Maybe a vac hose got disconnected. Perhaps an electrical connector.
                    Last edited by jaywish; 02-10-2015, 12:37 PM.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Sighhh. Well see in my friends infinite wisdom they scrapped the mark vii I just ebayed this computer. I lost out on all my shit sadly thats why my swap is half ass complete..nobody ever took a minute to call me they just parts swapped till it semi ran correctly

Comment

You can perhaps go get what you need from the wreckers who have the car. You do need to know exactly what was done to your car.

Just by the way the lower intake does not need to be changed. Only the upper.

Perhaps someone who knows the computer codes can tell if it is a unit suitable for this conversion.
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

You'll need to fix the ignition firing order too. It will no longer match the original Towncar firing order.

Grey top injectors are the 14#. Orange are the 19#. Should be easy enough to get a quick eyeball on them to identify it.

Need the Mark VII ECM. You want the HO upper and throttle body too. The lever should be swapped over from the stock 1990 throttle body and the stock EGR spacer bored out to match. It will run OK with the stock upper, but it will lose some on the top end. It should not fall on it's face around 40 mph though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The d9s is from a HO mark vii....i have one sitting in my box of goodies lol pulled it from a 87 mark a few years ago.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Just might help if you added your location to your profile and car info to the signature
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X