Help with head unit on 2010 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with head unit on 2010 MGM

Hi all -- I'm having some trouble installing a new head unit. On my previous model (2000), there was one set of cables to connect to the wiring harness. On the 2010 model, there are two. The corresponding harness to the second, smaller set leads to two blue wires for an amp, and a set of RCAs. The corresponding set that came with the headunit leads to three RCAs: front, back, and sub. What does that smaller set control? Does the 2010 have a stock amp?

Really appreciate your help!

What's on the back of the stock radio?
    I doubt they still had subs in 2010 but it's easy to find out, it's on the drivers side of the trunk under the package shelf.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Here's a pic from the ol' internet. I'm using the port on our right, and the port in question is on the far left (not the antenna). There's no sub but I'm struggling to figure out what that 8pin connector was for, because it is definitely wired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ford_crown_vic_back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1277040

Comment

I don't know if they still had an external cd changer option at that time.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

So then why would it be wired? Are you saying it's for convenience's sake, should the previous owner opted for a CD changer?

I don't see a corresponding end in the trunk, though it could be hidden.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UBIi4Lr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1277041

Comment

If it is there it would be in the left quarter.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
            X