Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedometer Plastic Collar - Best way to hold in place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    I recently found a non broken one in my stash, I'm not sure what it's from though. If you want to check your part #, I'll compare it to mine. I have lots of other knick-knacks I can send you cheap too, if you can think of anything else you need.
    Oh cool! Thanks! I can't seem to find any other part number from what Vic posted earlier. The part itself doesn't appear to have any number on it at all unfortunately.

D9AZ-7E363-A

Here's a full pic I found from eBay: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMj...7R!~~60_57.JPG

I have to take the cluster out again to put the right mileage on the odometer anyway, so I guess it would make sense maybe to just put a non-broken one in while it's out and apart.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
      The part number on my spare is "E1MY-7A110-B". Is that your number? Wouldn't mind having another if it fits my car and is a reasonable cost! Bobby
      I'll go on a short rabbit trail for a second here, I think it will be helpful for anyone, working with an MGM instead of a CV, who comes across this thread later down the line.
      I think that part is the Mercury version. The PRNDL is vertical on the 89 and older MGM while it is horizontal on the CV. The mount on the PRNDL end of the cable is different between the two but the collar at the steering column looks like it is the same to me.

E1MY-7A110-A
      http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNj...UN5QX/$_57.JPG
      I believe the -A and -B are part revisions and the two revisions are interchangeable but I'm not sure.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The CV one has a longer cable IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          I'll go on a short rabbit trail for a second here, I think it will be helpful for anyone, working with an MGM instead of a CV, who comes across this thread later down the line.
          I think that part is the Mercury version. The PRNDL is vertical on the 89 and older MGM while it is horizontal on the CV. The mount on the PRNDL end of the cable is different between the two but the collar at the steering column looks like it is the same to me.

E1MY-7A110-A
          http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNj...UN5QX/$_57.JPG
          I believe the -A and -B are part revisions and the two revisions are interchangeable but I'm not sure.
          That would be what mine looks like!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It's just like the dash pads. Even if you find a nice uncracked one, sooner or later it too will split
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Mine went last year and it is the OEM one!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

There are at least 4 different collars, perhaps 5. The 90-91 probably has a different one than 79-89. For the 79-89 though, the Vic, Grand Marq, Towncar with analog and Towncar with digital dash are all different parts. The end at the speedo is what changed, but the inner cable length may also be different. Make sure you get the right one or it may not work. I found that out when I bought what I thought was the right one for my Towncar, only to find out it was the digital dash part. I think it was the same number but one was a -A and the other a -B.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  There are at least 4 different collars, perhaps 5. The 90-91 probably has a different one than 79-89. For the 79-89 though, the Vic, Grand Marq, Towncar with analog and Towncar with digital dash are all different parts. The end at the speedo is what changed, but the inner cable length may also be different. Make sure you get the right one or it may not work. I found that out when I bought what I thought was the right one for my Towncar, only to find out it was the digital dash part. I think it was the same number but one was a -A and the other a -B.
                  Good point! Not sure even though it was advertised to be correct. Seller could have been just wrong or lied????

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    The 90-91 probably has a different one than 79-89.
                    90-91 are completely different, there is no collar at the steering column end and it's interchangeable between CV, MGM, and TC (with analog cluster). The shift tube has an arm with a peg that the cable attaches to and there is a little thumbscrew adjuster. A lot easier to work with than the old setup (in my opinion) and less prone to breaking.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                    X