Biggest tires to fit on turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest tires to fit on turbines

got a set of 15" turbines, for the 88 Merc. looking to fit a set of 235 75 r15 on them mounted and balanced for $340.

WILL THESE FIT WITHOUT ISSUE!?!?!?!?.... they should but i wanna make sure
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

yea they will fit

i would go with 235/60/15 tho........better handling

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this (235 75 r15) is the size my dad had on stock steelies on my 87 CV 13-14 years ago. The speedometer read slower than the speed I was actually traveling at.
      Check out this page for wheel and tire size comparison: http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

speedo and handling arent an issue. (60's are more $ as well) its the gf's daily and OD is out so we never take it past 50. just decided to get some new shoes for her cause the ones on it sat in a barn for 2 years and are pretty shot.

awesome... thanks so much for quick responses guys! i needed that because an hour from now im picking up the tires! haha

$340 for a new set of 235 75 r15 goodyears mounted and balanced and put on the car

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I know that 225/75R15 fit for sure. Thats what im running on my 89 MGM right now so 235's shouldnt have too much of a problem. They might rub at full lock.

Comment

Sounds like the Goodyear Wrangler Radials at Walmart. They're good tires, buddy had them on a 4x4 Blazer and it was a tank in the snow. I may go with them next on my truck, stock size is 235/75/15 but right now my Destination A/T's won't wear out. Just hope it won't be too much of a downgrade, I really like the tires I have now, helped my 2WD open diff truck get through winters with no problem.

I like shorter tires just because of the better acceleration, I was gonna fit 235/60/15 on the Outlaw II wheels I got before my Lincoln's transmission pooped on me. They've got a wider tread and lower profile than stock but still close to the stock size, and shorter overall for better acceleration and handling.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

For winter, 225/75/15 is an optimal size, for our box panthers. For a better summer replacement, 245/60/15 or 255/60/15 are a good size. Only thing that sucks, is the price lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

heh... I have 215/70r15 on my box. Speedo is DEAD accurate.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  heh... I have 215/70r15 on my box. Speedo is DEAD accurate.
                  ?
                  It should be that's the stock size.
                  Edit: I guess that's the point.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

yup... that's the point

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

got them today and mounted up.. perfect fit, no rub, they look and ride great. turns out they are light truck/suv tires but ride great and super quiet suprisingly.

Comment

I went with 225-70-15 rwl on my turbine upgrade. The turbines seem to be described as the same width as steelies, but mine are about 1/2" wider.
                        1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

Turbines are 7" I believe

Comment

I've fit 275/60R15s on wheels that wide. They fit alright, and looked great!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                              Turbines are 7" I believe
                              I read somewhere 6.5" wide, not sure though. I have 15x7 Outlaw II wheels, if I put new tires on my car soon I can compare them before I have new tires mounted.

I think 245/60/15 is a good size, it'll fit the stock wheels without too much sidewall sticking out and it's almost stock tire height. I'm probably gonna put those on the back of my car on my Outlaw's and 235/60 on the front, maybe even 225/60 for a staggered look and less rolling resistance, but that may be a bit too short.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X