Cheers from up north !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers from up north !

Good day to all, I'm JP, a 41 years old french canadian from Québec and I just bought this 04 MGM Ultimate with just 28 000 miles on it. Last owner was my buddy grand parents, 87 years old gentleman. It's in mint condition, i have also the original rims with Michelin on it. It received oil treatment for the rust, window deflector, remote control starter, i did litteraly jump on it when he said 3500$.

My story with whales started in 85 when my dad bought a white Crown Vic. He then got a 1989 MGM and a 91 Town Car so i started driving at 16 in those panthers and now i'm driving one !

Here is a few pics

As my first modification, i want a Bluetooth radio that also have an aux for my Sirius receiver. Any suggestion ?
    Also, i want to put synthetic oil in the differential. I do 30 000 miles a year, mix highway and city. What grade should i use ?

I will try to contribute to the forum even with my limited experience having a Panther. On the other end, i also have a BMW race car and do a lot of lapping at many tracks, racing is my real passion.

Enjoy the day guys

JP
    Last edited by Al.Bundy; 03-01-2015, 10:27 AM.

Sounds like a steal. Looks fully loaded too. If you are replacing the radio, go for a double din touchscreen. Only two little tabs need to be trimmed and they look factory.

I like Pioneer, most if not all new units have an Aux input.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Sweet ride! Eh!

Motor City Patrick
      1988 MGM

Comment

WOW! Beautiful car. Fantastic deal there.

As for radios I like Kenwood, I have one in my 2011

Check out www.crutchfield.com
        1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Welcome to the site. What part of Canada are you from?

Hey Georges86 what model number is that and do you know the dash kit you used? How did you get your double din to work?
          2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
          3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

Welcome fellow Canuck!
            That looks like a beauty.

As for diff fluid, 85w90 or close to it, plus some friction modifier if your car has a limited slip/trak-lok.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Welcome!

That's a lot of real nice car for the money, you sure got a good deal on it, enjoy the ride.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

That is a Kenwood DDX 790. Has DVD/Dual AUX/USB/Bluetooth

As far as the dash kit, I THINK it was Metra's kit for an explorer. I forgot lol you have to trim the tabs on the black trim piece in the dash. Also filed down the corners. You'll see what I mean when you pull the stereo. Just trim a bit at a time and keep test fitting it. It'll work lol
                1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Originally posted by Kay-Tar View Post
                  Welcome to the site. What part of Canada are you from?
                  From Québec.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Man, you STOLE that '04 for $3500..... it's got all the stuff you want (digidash especially, those are sweet), and none of the stuff you don't (trim rings aka rust rings). The fact it's oiled up for the winter in addition to all this sweetens the deal.

Regarding gear oil, you can run a bit lower weight if you run synthetic..... 75W90 IIRC. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will help fill this in.
                      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

BMW to a grand marquis. A night and day difference lol. Hello from New York!

Comment

Welcome!

Among the things I've learned on this site is that these cars will last a very long time if properly maintained etc, and that 2004 was a very good year.

I would suggest supplementing the oil spray in two critical areas that might not be addressed by standard oil treatments:

1. There's a part of the frame near the cats that likes to rust out. I think people call this area a "torque box". If you look through the existing holes in the frame around that area, you should be able to see a way to shoot a suitable oil inside the box. The one on the passenger side is supposed to be problematic because of condensation from the air conditioner, but both of mine started rotting out.

2. The front fenders are prone to rusting out from the inner wheel well lip seam. If you take out the fender liner bolts at the top of the wheel wells, you can shoot a suitable oil into the fender to coat the seam.

Enjoy!

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Thanks to all for the contribution, i'll keep you guys posted on the updates!

Comment

Working...
                            X