bolt size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolt size

what are the size of the Bolts that retain brake caliper bracket to spindle for the big brake upgrade
    Last edited by rellik god; 03-04-2015, 07:59 PM.

Bumping this- I can't go to the junkyard- does anyone have the size bolts? Doing the 95-97 upgrade but caliper bracket mounting bolts should be the same.

Also will buy if someone has a spare set lying around!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I have a set of brake calipers in my basement from a 2003 Town Car. The bolts are there too. Rather large, if they are the same, I will sell the bolts to you. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

don't think front caliper brackets from an 03 are the same as what a 90s one uses, but maybe.

Wild guess, something about M14? Calipers and a thread pitch gauge will tell you. Calipers will give you the ID but you can find thread size charts to figure out what the OD and ID are for various bolts. The thread pitch should narrow it down. I'm certain its metric though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll have to order a thread pitch set- i don't have a metric one. If I'm lucky i have a spare one lying around i can go off of (although i think i used it in the wagon when one fell out!)
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

you have a tap and die set hanging around? Those come with pitch gauges. Mine is a cheapo set from HF, still awful useful for chasing out bolt holes. Its surprisingly not-shitty for how cheap it was.

if you can get the size, the pitch you can likely figure out. basically its coarse or fine, should be pretty easy to work out visually which it is. Length is the only real variable but that can also be figured out with a caliper. Just stick the bracket on and figure how long will get you through the spindle and no more. Reasonably sure its a flange head bolt too.
            Last edited by gadget73; 04-13-2020, 11:30 PM.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Gadget, I was able to order the correct bolts- mostly.

For future reference it is flange bolt m14-2. The closest length you can order from Fastenal is 35MM, so I had to cut approximately 3 threads off. My micrometer's battery died so i don't have the exact length.

Here is the link:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11115704.
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Cool. Thats why my calipers aren't battery operated though. I know the damn things would be dead every time I wanted them. They do have the advantage of speaking both languages though. Mine are in inch and I have to convert units.

Comment

Working...
                X