Name:	20150307_175409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1302881Click image for larger version

Name:	20150122_101615[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1302880
    This beaut has a very interesting and seemingly divine story as to how it ended up in my possession. Nevertheless, it's quite an eyecatcher and original from what I can tell.. I would love to hear your advice on preventative care and just good normal maintenance practices. Thanks in advance!
    @Ryan.Madison68

Being a ragtop, inside climate control storage is very important.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Ah, the stacked headlight era. Thats my favorite generation of Cadillac.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I love those interiors... these cars have such simple but beautiful body lines too.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by LeviMM View Post
          This beaut has a very interesting and seemingly divine story as to how it ended up in my possession.
          Well....let's hear it!

I also like the stacked-headlight Caddies. It was a cool look, like the '65-67 Galaxie.
          RyPow
          1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
          1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
          2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
          1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
          2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
          2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Beautiful car! I love those..
            Keep it clean & moisture free. If that's the original paint, be careful applying tire shine or stuff like that around it- best to use the gel type stuff. Old style wax in a can is your friend. When storing, moth balls are also your friend. My buddy suggests playing a radio too, as that seems to keep the critters at bay.

Derek
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              Beautiful car! I love those..
              Keep it clean & moisture free. If that's the original paint, be careful applying tire shine or stuff like that around it- best to use the gel type stuff. Old style wax in a can is your friend. When storing, moth balls are also your friend. My buddy suggests playing a radio too, as that seems to keep the critters at bay.

Derek
              Better find out what type of music they DON'T like, first!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Lol Bob,
                Try Elephants by Them Crooked Vultures, I think mice hate elephants so just put that on repeat. Seriously though I think anything will work. He has a lot of cars in that building and none ever seem to have squatters ever since he started playing the radio. He used to use the bait stations but once his dog decided to make a meal out of one he looked into other methods. I've heard of some plug in the wall type jobs too, which emit noise we can't hear but supposedly the mice and other critters can and it keeps them away. I just use moth balls and put brillo up the tail pipes.

Comment

Beautiful car!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Mint leaves in a sock works very well to keep critters out, and it doesn't stink.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips. With the spring and summer drawing near, I'm planning on putting some miles on the Cadillac. I have named the car Blue Turtledove Purplelove! As for the story on how it came under my care, it goes back a couple of years in 2012 when I bought a '64 Mercury ParkLane from Nevada. I paid for the car sight unseen if you can believe that! After getting it shipped to Alabama, I received a call from a guy in Indiana, and he wanted to buy the car from me. He tracked me down by the guy who sold me the Mercury. He said it was his dad's car, and it reminded him of when he grew up. At the time I really didn't want to part with the car, but I agreed to sell it. We didn't agree on a price initially. As months passed by, I began to restore the car, but my progress seemed to always be set back by peculiar mishaps. I kept in touch with the guy off and on as I looked for a suitable replacement. Fast forward two years, I had found little to nothing in my search around my area, so I decided to take his advice and try looking around his state. Within the first search on craigslist, I ran across the '68 in Indiana, and upon seeing the fantastic condition of it, I knew that was the one I could trade for. I called the guy to see if he wanted to go through with it. He went and bought the car, cleared out the title issues, and trailered it to me. I couldn't have dealt with more of a gentleman! He was excited to see me have such a fine car, and even more excited about having his father's car returned. There's more intricate details that show the divinity at work behind the scenes, but in hindsight I can definitely tell that it started with us, both, having faith that "anything is possible through CHRIST"!
                      @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Originally posted by LeviMM View Post
                        Thanks everyone for the tips. With the spring and summer drawing near, I'm planning on putting some miles on the Cadillac. I have named the car Blue Turtledove Purplelove! As for the story on how it came under my care, it goes back a couple of years in 2012 when I bought a '64 Mercury ParkLane from Nevada. I paid for the car sight unseen if you can believe that! After getting it shipped to Alabama, I received a call from a guy in Indiana, and he wanted to buy the car from me. He tracked me down by the guy who sold me the Mercury. He said it was his dad's car, and it reminded him of when he grew up. At the time I really didn't want to part with the car, but I agreed to sell it. We didn't agree on a price initially. As months passed by, I began to restore the car, but my progress seemed to always be set back by peculiar mishaps. I kept in touch with the guy off and on as I looked for a suitable replacement. Fast forward two years, I had found little to nothing in my search around my area, so I decided to take his advice and try looking around his state. Within the first search on craigslist, I ran across the '68 in Indiana, and upon seeing the fantastic condition of it, I knew that was the one I could trade for. I called the guy to see if he wanted to go through with it. He went and bought the car, cleared out the title issues, and trailered it to me. I couldn't have dealt with more of a gentleman! He was excited to see me have such a fine car, and even more excited about having his father's car returned. There's more intricate details that show the divinity at work behind the scenes, but in hindsight I can definitely tell that it started with us, both, having faith that "anything is possible through CHRIST"!
                        AMEN to that, brother! Good to see two folks working things out so both are happy without one or both trying to "screw" one another!!! All things are possible through Christ as I am a living example.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade my drum brakes to disc. Does anyone know of any reputable plug and play kits? Thanks in advance.
                          @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Careful with the word "upgrade". I'm betting that Cadillac has big 'ole honkin' drums on it, doubt you'll see an improvement in braking performance, unless you plan on autocrossing it. Make sure the drums are properly adjusted. Everyone complains about how crappy box brakes are, for example. Yet in my experience if braking performance is lacking on a box, looking into and adjusting the rear drums perks them right up. Try that first with that beautiful Cadillac. A tell-tale sign of poorly adjust drums is a brake pedal that sinks too far before significant stopping action happens.

Side note: Miamibob. What a trip. Damn, I'm getting old. ...I haven't seen him post in nearly a decade, but don't remember that signature. Has he been on?
                            Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 03-15-2024, 01:31 PM.

Comment

He got banned for gaming the panther of the month with additional accounts that may have been household members trying to help him game the system, but it still stank like fake accounts, and there was something else, but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head. Nice guy to talk to, but wouldn't trust him.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X