No announcement yet.

Air bag steering wheel swap possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody replace their '90-'91 wheel with a grant? How hard is it to make the horn work? Thinking of going with a nice wood one, never liked any of the Ford airbag wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Anybody replace their '90-'91 wheel with a grant? How hard is it to make the horn work? Thinking of going with a nice wood one, never liked any of the Ford airbag wheels.
      I wouldn't know anything about a Grant wheel, but I would just upgrade to a newer style instead of deleting the air bag. I know some people might think differently, but I'd rather eat a first gen airbag than the steering wheel/dash board.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

At least they revised the steering column for 90-91, the '89-back had a high propensity for gifting you with chest injuries. Of course I daily drive the '82 Mark VI, but it's probably better than a womang breaking my heart.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
        X