oh the joys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh the joys....

half this wireing crap matt did needs to come out includeing the newfangled fuse panel/power distrobution box. anyone have a diagram for the electrical for a digital dash 89 box townie? keeps flashing charge system, but its putting out well above 13.4 like it should.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

what is it charging at? 13.4 is low. I'd be highly upset at anything less than 14.0.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      what is it charging at? 13.4 is low. I'd be highly upset at anything less than 14.0.
      it does do 14 v and higher...at the solonoid, after the power distrobution block its like 13.6 13.7 13.8 so thas going to be removed. thats a hell of a drop.

Comment

Sounds like that distribution box needs a good look at its contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
          Sounds like that distribution box needs a good look at its contacts.
          +1! A through clean up may be in order unless you intend to replace it all.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
            +1! A through clean up may be in order unless you intend to replace it all.
            it is a matt hack job, its coming out, does just fine without it heh

Comment

It's incredibly poor taste to talk about someone's work like this in an open forum. Yes, maybe it is a total hack job but there are nicer ways of saying things. In my everyday career if I just blamed everything on someone else's poor work I don't think I'd get too far.

As for your problem, before taking it all out give it a look over and like Gmguy mentioned maybe you just have some corrosion on a few terminals or a bad solder joint.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

+1

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  It's incredibly poor taste to talk about someone's work like this in an open forum. Yes, maybe it is a total hack job but there are nicer ways of saying things. In my everyday career if I just blamed everything on someone else's poor work I don't think I'd get too far.

As for your problem, before taking it all out give it a look over and like Gmguy mentioned maybe you just have some corrosion on a few terminals or a bad solder joint.
                  I "hear" you but most likely, "Zoomie" was commenting out of frustration. When I got my '95 GM, the previous owner did some VERY creative electrical work which I had to undo. Probably didn't find it all and most likely there is still some. In their infinite wisdom, they even drilled into the gas tank to mount some stereo hardware and then put an air freshener in the trunk to cover it up! The current questions for "Zoomie" are: Is it all fixable and can you fix it yourself or have to pay to have it done? If it is fixable, have at it and enjoy the car. Look at it as a wonderful learning experience and satisfaction in making it all work!! Trust me, there are worse things in the world that are a lot more important - I, for one can attest to that fact!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

But what are forums for if not to bitch on?!?
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

To make sideways comments about prior shenanigans?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm willing to bet the grounds and everything are dirty. Clean and tighten all connections and replace any cables that are iffy looking. He never modified the digital dash, it's flashed that since he put the 3g in there, it's possible the regulator is faulty. Try not to bring up anyones hack jobs, waterjacket boy...

Comment

Originally posted by 86vickylx View Post
                          i'm willing to bet the grounds and everything are dirty. Clean and tighten all connections and replace any cables that are iffy looking. He never modified the digital dash, it's flashed that since he put the 3g in there, it's possible the regulator is faulty. Try not to bring up anyones hack jobs, waterjacket boy...
                          lol

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                          X