Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLEAN '87 LTD Crown Victoria wagon on Copart

http://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/1491387...chId=391199173

Somebody buy this. Needs some glass replaced, and has a couple huge dents (probably need a new pass front quarter). Missing rub strip on front bumper. But that's it. You can tell this was a Florida car for most, if not all its life.

Wow.... I might actually jump on this. Looks like a towing package wagon too! I've got $1000 laying around..... figure I can sniper it for $200, maybe $300. Fees and whatnot will set me back a couple hundred more. Then I'll have ~$500 left. I'll either have my buddy tow it back home, or I'll drive it back myself. Of course, with that Certificate of Destruction, I probably can't register it for road use here in NY.... but there are always ways around that.
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 04-14-2015, 10:50 PM. Reason: Added some context.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Looks like a HELLAVA lot of damage. Good luck!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If it was just the front fender, maybe. But that rear damage is bad.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        If it was just the front fender, maybe. But that rear damage is bad.
        I can't tell if the frame is tweaked or if the alignment is off from the pictures...... it definitely looks bad from some angles. You see how some metal's crinkled and wavy.

Comment

The passenger side rear is very bad. Parts car at best.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That'd be a great derby car.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Do a body swap. search if another wagon body is available. I repaired a totaled 1 year old country squire back in the 80s that had that kind of damage.

Comment

When you're starting with a mashed up 28 year old car, what do you swap bodies from? Unless this has a good frame, and you found another with a good body and a bad frame, you really have nothing to work with here. Better off buying one thats one already, rather than two to make one. If I were doing all the work of a frame swap, it would be a later one with a watts link rear anyway. may as well upgrade if you're going to all the trouble.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

@Mainemantom: Haven't been to my favorite local yard in quite some time.... last time I checked they only had sedans. But their inventory can and does change. And all I need are two (at the worst) quarter panels. That's like, $300 max.... could be cheaper than trying to fix the dented mess at that point.

@gadget73: That's what I was thinking. I hardly ever see wagons around here, let alone in remotely good shape cosmetically, let alone for sale for cheap. Best bet would be to grab panels off a junked wagon and swap them in, or just fix the damage outright.

But as it would turn out, it's not happening. I foolishly ran the plan by the power that is. She's an aging autocrat who enjoys wielding power over people for the sake of wielding power over people..... I should have expected nothing less than to get shot down. I offered to pay for parking up front and whatnot. No matter. Claimed she'd call the nearest junkyard and have it towed there if the '87 (or any additional vehicles, for that matter) came even close to the driveway. So unless I kept a constant vigil during the daylight hours, there's a very real chance the project would get towed out. Then there's release fees and whatnot. It'd be a never-ending cycle, one that would bleed me white in a matter of months, even weeks.

I hate people with control issues. Even when faced with the prospect of free money, they'll still favor being a dick to you. But it's not all bad; I learned two lessons today. The first is that it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission when dealing with petty and/or overbearing people. The second is that you'll want to have alternate parking/storage arranged BEFORE you start your begging for forgiveness. That way, when push comes to shove and knickers get knotted, you (and by extension, your cars) will come out unscathed.
                  Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 04-15-2015, 11:30 AM. Reason: Added some contex

Comment

Great candidate for a Ranchero conversion.

Comment

Clean....as boxers after trusting a fart while drunk..
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

People with control issues can really ruin your life. I grew up with a Mom who was the equal of Mrs Hitler. I had many car issues when I lived at home. My first wife thought I had too many cars but knew I would still get them. I did get a storage lot so I could have a place for the 13 cars. Having a car account separate from house /living expenses is a very good idea to keep the peace. My current wife I love dearly. She hates my cars. She does not complain about the seven I do have. She does put her foot down hard when I want to buy another. The answer is NO until I sell something. The most important goal is to keep the marriage happy, don't let stuff that means nothing in the end, get in the way. Remember don't anger or hurt the wife, she will not forget... Happy wife, Happy life.

Hope someone gets that wagon. Too good to scrap. One thing good about forums like this. People brainstorm with ideas. Good, unusual, bad, until something clicks. Allot of knowledge from a few age groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                          @Mainemantom: Haven't been to my favorite local yard in quite some time.... last time I checked they only had sedans. But their inventory can and does change. And all I need are two (at the worst) quarter panels. That's like, $300 max.... could be cheaper than trying to fix the dented mess at that point.

@gadget73: That's what I was thinking. I hardly ever see wagons around here, let alone in remotely good shape cosmetically, let alone for sale for cheap. Best bet would be to grab panels off a junked wagon and swap them in, or just fix the damage outright.

But as it would turn out, it's not happening. I foolishly ran the plan by the power that is. She's an aging autocrat who enjoys wielding power over people for the sake of wielding power over people.....
                          Aging autocrat??
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            Aging autocrat??
                            au·to·crat
                            ˈôdəˌkrat/
                            noun
                            a ruler who has absolute power.
                            synonyms: absolute ruler, dictator, despot, tyrant
                            "the former autocrat could be banned from traveling abroad while the investigation proceeds"
                            someone who insists on complete obedience from others; an imperious or domineering person.

Duh!

haha jk. I had to look it up, I had no idea WTH it meant.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I always thought thats what you called a bitchy automatic transmission.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X