PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1989 Colony Park Large Marge

If you've never experienced it before, his Towncar is an amazing machine. They should have built them like that from the factory!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "GMGT"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    If you've never experienced it before, his Towncar is an amazing machine. They should have built them like that from the factory!!
    Perhaps at Scottfest? haha!
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

recently installed rear discs on large marge. also installed new axle bearings and seals, and installed one good used axle shaft.
    still need to do the big brakes and the HO conversion.
    i got antique tags in her now, cost me 150 dollars but the registration is permanent and the car does not require a safety inspection.

i attended cruise night 7/9/16 in pottstown pa, kind of a cruisers reunion, i wish more people would have attended, got to catch up with a few of my friends from back in the day, also learned that many have passed away. I am a lucky man to have been cared for by so many gmners. The credit goes to God for my fine friends, before i get all teary eyed here, you guys on gmn are the best extended family a mang could have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201679wagon.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	45703

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Colony Park, "large marge"
    1982 efm and 1986 alaska stokers keeping me warm

Marge looks good. Was it well received at the cruise in? Been thinking of taking my 88 to some around here but I am a little concerned people may think it's too new.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - yard ornament (save me please)
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

i got alot of waves and thumbs up........some younger kids thought it was a hearse lol.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Colony Park, "large marge"
    1982 efm and 1986 alaska stokers keeping me warm

Car looks great, mang!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "GMGT"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

SUNSHINE, KITTENS, AND RAINBOWS!!! Chuck Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjc78 View Post
    Very nice, that color combo works well on the wagons.
    I second that! I think they look best in dark colors with the wood trim.
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    some younger kids thought it was a hearse lol.
    It's cause of the dark window tint.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    Car looks great, mang!
    Yeah but she's an evil bitch. Great looking evil bitch is still an evil bitch
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Digital Dash Enthusiast Hearsesrock427's Avatar

Between those HPP wheels and rear discs, I bet she's already getting better to drive. Grrr this makes me want to buy a tow package '89 LTD CV wagon in the same color.... there's one locally but owner wants way too much for it! And hey, you guys in Skippyville deserve some credit too. You're doing an excellent job on my '89, plus you (along with numerous other forum members) have helped me with troubleshooting, dodging bullets, etc. I'll be a lifetime member and customer at this rate.
    2011 Crown Victoria P7A "Briana". Primary project.
    This summer: Maintenance, handling upgrades, and more!

Slicktopped 1989 Grand Marquis "Ebyt". Secondary project.
    Parked in a barn, awaiting major paint & body work, finishing touches.

Slicktopped 1985 Grand Marquis "Eva". Tertiary project.

I am not in the market for additional panthers at this time. Briana, Ebyt, and Eva are all I need. If that changes, I will change this line accordingly.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Cool. Sorry I didn't get a chance to come up, been sort of occupied with things down here, though I am terminally bored with it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Awesome Scott. Shes looking good and so are you behind that drivers seat.

I wonder sometimes if people notice the rear discs on these cars (the converted ones of course) and question how they got there, upgraded or stock...

Nice work!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Shes looking good and so are you behind that drivers seat.
    Uhm, if he's behind the driver seat then who's in it, his evil clone?

The brakes thing, kinda doubt it, unless said people had one of these cars at some point and were doing their own work on it and actually remembered any of it. Someone who's not familiar with state of automotive affairs some 30 years ago will probably not even know what the car is, let alone know what it should or should not have as far as factory equipment goes.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

I had to re-read that a couple of time to realize what I said.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Not enough coffee today? Lol

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Yawns are just silent screams for coffee you know.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Scott recently sold Large Marge to me, and I will be continuing its legacy! I just wanted to tie this thread to the newest one found here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...New-Adventures
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, rear discs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12