tan dash pad for a 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tan dash pad for a 1987

I'm seeking a tan dash pad for a 1987. A speaker cover section has disintegrated about 35%, leaving an ugly hole. Zip is 29204, which is Columbia, SC.
    1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

I sugest using a carpet dash pad cover. Use a dark brown one. Basicly what ever color interior get the darkest to match ie red interior get a dark rd one etc.
    What it does is stop sunlight from being reflected back up into the windshield making clearer vision almost like fog lifting.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Turbo, thanks for the reply. Dash carpets are too ugly for me. I pass on cars with cracked dashes.

Comment

I only know of ones for the Town Car. Was not sure since you just stated 1987.
        sigpic
        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Sorry just got to your other post of that nice Grand Marq!!!!
          sigpic
          89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
          13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
          "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

If you find one in grey let me know [emoji14]

Comment

Still seeking.

Comment

After another four years in the sun, the other speaker cover section is rotted. So I'm still looking for a tan, or a restomod brown one, if they exist.

Comment

There's the coverlay stuff that seems to look pretty decent while you wait to find an authentic replacement.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...)-lots-of-pics

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Slack, thanks for the tip. How many screws are there to get the dash out? Are there plastic tabs or other easily broken connectors to deal with?

Comment

No connectors.

Four screws in the vents up against the glass (make sure to use a strong magnetic tip for those so they don't fall down into the vents). One in each side and a handful under the lip of the dash pad.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X