• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta get my shovel and dig for it.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
      Everyone loves pictures, but no readers ride is complete without a good story.

I hope to see the car in person sometime, it looks awesome in the pictures.
      Well lets set a met up, you only live down the road!

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Beautiful Towncar Signature. Do you have full coverage or stated value insurance on it ? A car that nice needs it.
      Thank you very much! I had/still have full coverage on it but need to do stated value. I'm currently exploring options with Haggerty because I made the mistake of having both claims fixed at once and so the insurance company (Progressive) sent an adjuster out to the shop and they totalled it. Funny because the difference was only a couple hundred dollars or less but to do it right I had both sides painted and the stripes redone. They valued it at $2,400 and I challenged the guy to find me one like mine for that price or less.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      Back from the detail shop? Looks like it just rolled out of 1988. I hope I can clean up mine half as well as that, after the list of mods I've got for it.
      Yes sir, and thank you! That's how I felt when I looked at it in the garage and then once we rolled it out into the sun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0943.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1277406Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0_6.jpg
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1277407Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_1_2.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1277408Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2.jpg
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1277409

The first picture is a photo of the damage that happened in late March. That was a good story.. Anyway, the other damage happened in November but I didn't want any painting to happen when cold but I couldn't drive the thing around with the parking light all busted like that. Actually, I didn't drive it period after that, made me sad to look at it. Anyway, I had both sides painted along with the extensions because I'm guessing some time ago the old man backed into the something and the driver's side quarter panel & rear door were painted, but badly and there was random sideswipe scratches on the passenger side from the incident in November. So to make sure it all matched and looked uniform I wanted both sides done.. Credit goes to Knudsen Brothers Collision in Westland for the paint & body work. Lance is a great dude and kept me posted throughout the cars progress.
      Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 04-28-2015, 07:15 AM.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Thank you kindly sir! I'd like to see this triple blue 88 of yours along with this F-150. I've got a soft spot for all 87-96 F series, especially the 87-91's.
        My bad, I don't take anywhere near enough pictures of stuff. Someday I'll take a few snaps and post them, maybe even start a reader's ride thread.
        I actually had one done the other night, was in the process of uploading my pictures from my phone, and for some reason the main window containing the thread got closed out on me. I had just spent an hour typing the story of the nine years I've owned that car (mostly talking about heater core replacements lol) and then it was all gone.
        But I'm going to have to find my camera because the Blackberry doesn't take correct format pics for GMN.
        One of these days....lol
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That blows, I've had that happen a couple times. Best is when I was in the middle of writing a paper that was due the next day. The quality just wasn't the same as I had less fucks to give at that point. Make "someday" happen sooner than later, you never know! I certainly never expected my car to get clobbered. Oh, and if you can connect your phone to your computer just pull the pictures from it and change it from say "Towncar1.xxx" to "Towncar1.jpg" and that ought to do it for ya.
          Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 04-30-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Hey everyone,

I just got the car back from the shop so I thought I'd take a couple pictures. More to come eventually but now here's a few crappy parking lot shots lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42419[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42422[/ATTACH]

What do you guys think? Anybody care for the story?
            Damn, that is a nice car!!
            I can't believe how well it turned out and I love the new stripes! You can chauffeur me around any day of the week!
            1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Soon enough the car will have working A/C! Perhaps I should have the windows tinted in the back to complete the limo feel for ya?

Comment

Perfect! Tinted windows with a dual purpose!
                1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Comment

I have some issues seeing well at night (so I avoid it if at all possible), hence the side tints on my '95 GM will be coming off even though I live in sunny, hot south Florida. Only the rear window (with the antenna/defroster grids) will be maintained.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I'm big on leaving the exterior and interior the way the factory intended. All of the aftermarket tint I've ever seen always delaminates or has bubbles in it over time. My dad has a '98 Z28 with the black top & mirrors and he did either 5 or 0% tint and it looked great but what did the tint start to do? Peel... Stuff Ford did to the LTC's is in the glass IIRC.

Comment

PO tinted my car and it is starting to separate so it will go as soon as I fix my brother's Topaz (we hope) and I can get the '95 back to work on. My '87 has no tine and I like it that way!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Your '87 is a fine car! Do you have a page for it?

Comment

No page but I did post photos of it a year or so ago. Here is a sample:

Name:	87GMb.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1277511Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMc.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1277512Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMd.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	1277513Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMe.jpg
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1277514Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMf.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1277515Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMg.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1277516Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1277517

Comment

Beautiful car Bob! It needs it's own page. I'd like to see pics of the interior & engine compartment. You've done a fine job at taking care of the thing since you bought it. How many miles? Does it still sport the original exhaust? What's the biggest problem you ever had with it?

Comment

Bought it new from the factory. It has a little under 127K and the only exhaust work was a muffler and tailpipe (once). I have rebuilt the trany but no engine work besides valve cover gaskets (once). I'll see what other engine/interior photos I have. Have an engine shot or two but will have to find it. Will post when I do!

Name:	87GMi.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1277518Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMj.jpg
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1277519Click image for larger version

Name:	87GMk.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1277520

Comment

Working...
                                X