tranny pans? Where do ya'll get them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny pans? Where do ya'll get them

I thought rockauto still carried tranny pans (dorman) for our boxes. However, I noticed it is not listed. What gives? I am tired of re-dropping the pan adding five more quarts while attempting to straighten the pan.
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

AOD, AODE, 4R70W, 4R70E, 4R75E all use the same pan, don't they?
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Ford makes a pan with a drain plug for the 4R70W that is referred to as the "U-Haul pan" because it was supplied from the factory on the U-Haul trucks. Same as stock, only difference is a drain plug.

http://www.adtr.net/store/index.php?...product_id=142

Comment

Did you look under mustangs, lincolns, for a pan? You'll find that some generic stuff does not show up for the panthers, you might in some cases also need to look at a different year for a part to show up.

Alex.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Motor-S...46800f&vxp=mtr

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I bought an OEM one from the Ford dealer a couple years ago. was less than 50 bucks if I recall. I do believe they ordered it from another supplier though. Something about vintage parts.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I've bought two of those pans in the last decade. Both had a car attached.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LOL. Thanks for the help. Yeah I wasn't sure that the AOD, AODe, 4R70W, 4R70E, 4R75E all sed the same pan. I didn't want to risk it

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I don't think they are all universal.

I bought a deep B&M cast aluminum pan that had one extra hole, which made it universal for AOD- 4R75W. I think the pattern is the same, except for that one hole.

Maybe I am wrong, but I know the B&M pan I had definitely had the extra hole for some nuance of transmission.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I mean, so long as the holes line up to the one that are in the casing of the transmission, I don't care. I just wanted to get confirmation that these pans would all be compatible.

I am tired of banging the old pan straight

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

The bolt pattern is not the same.

You will have to drill a hole for the AOD bolt pattern on the left front corner of the pan (sitting in the car).

The 4R70W has an accumulator or something up front there, which required a slightly different pan bolt pattern (at one location).

I had an FRPP chrome pan on my red car, and it worked fine.

If you use the 4R70W sumped pan, you can use the 4x4 AOD filter.
                      Last edited by P72Ford; 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Is there an AOD Tranny pan (don't care what the variant) that has a plug?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

see link above mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The pan shape between AOD, AODE, and 4R70w are the same. Just there's one bolt in the front that doesn't line up. Drill that one hole and it's good to go! I'm running a 4R70w pan in my car. It takes a little more fluid than stock though. I want to get a u haul pan with factory installed drain plug.

Comment

Many people just buy the drain plug kit and add that to a regular pan. Check ebay they are readily available.
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                              X